GT Hawk Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Hawk Value

To me NADA seems really high. What do you guys think a reasonable real life value is on a 62 GT hawk if say it was in #3 condition? I'm looking at a semi-project car and an trying to figure out how deep I'd be in it compaired to just buying a #3 condition 62 GT on the real life market.

A true condition 3 1962 Hawk should be in the 10-12K range, 63-64 a bit more. Just as a guide, you'd never buy and restore one for that figure.

JDP/Maryland
    Please vote for Sid (64GT)in the NYT contest.
    http://collectiblecars.nytimes.com/Contest/
    JDP Maryland

Comment

yup. I know about the restoring cost. For some reason my brain just never thought the GT's were worth as much as the earlier C/K's

Comment

I have a 1962 Hawk for sale in about number 2 1/2 condition with air conditioning. It is black and has Phantom black and white seats. I've been asking $10,500 for months and nobody bites. The first $9000 takes it. It needs carpet. The engine and brakes are rebuilt (although I can't seem to get the brake rod to the master cylinder adjusted quite right). This car spent most of its life in Arizona, but is now in Minnesota - not outside!

Here is a picture:
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Scott

I have a 1962 Hawk for sale in about number 2 1/2 condition with air conditioning. It is black and has Phantom black and white seats. I've been asking $10,500 for months and nobody bites. The first $9000 takes it. It needs carpet. The engine and brakes are rebuilt (although I can't seem to get the brake rod to the master cylinder adjusted quite right). This car spent most of its life in Arizona, but is now in Minnesota - not outside!

Here is a picture:
          Thanks Scott, thats kinda what I somewhat suspected about GT hawk values. Do you have more pictures you could email me? Thanks. 1957hk7@gmail.com

Comment

I know of a nice blue '62 that's been for sale for a few years.
            The price is well below market~ and has been all along.

One day it will make someone very very happy-

but first they have to buy it!!!

StudeDave '57 [8D]
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I think that the problem comes in in categorizing. You mention a car in "#3 condition" and "a semi-project car". A 3 condition car should be about like a three year old used car. It sounds like you are referring to condition 4, or worse.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

I know of a nice blue '62 that's been for sale for a few years.
                The price is well below market~ and has been all along.

One day it will make someone very very happy-

but first they have to buy it!!!

StudeDave '57 [8D]
                I know the car about which you speak. The problem with that one is, it's the least-valuable of all Hawks- The Sea Hawk[xx(]

Seriously, I just don't get that one. Only thing I can think of is the location (shipping cost). Or maybe it needs the Seattle logos removed from the fenders- it could make the difference... I'm not really much of a Hawk guy, but even I thought about adding it to the fleet [8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
                X