64 Daytona Hardtop Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Daytona Hardtop Registry

I'm about to send in a revision to the 64 Daytona Hardtop Registry......anyone have another to add ?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Hi Lou Van Anne
    I had a 64 Daytona 2-door Hardtop back in 1972 in Spokane WA. It was dark blue, light blue bucket seats, R1, 4 speed, 160 mph speedometer and tach. Sold it for $500 to buy a 69 Barracuda. Ever hear of such a car? I have an 83 Avanti now, but always liked that Daytona. Thanks, Mike Reiter, Deer Park, WA.

Comment

We did have one '64 Daytona Hardtop recently in Renton, WA that was Strato Blue Metallic (Dark), that ended up as, I believe a 4 Speed R2 when Kenny (on the Forum)) sold it.

What I do NOT remember is, was it built as a Four Speed R1, as I know the Engine was changed or the Paxton was added.

Here is my Standard 289, Power Shift Daytona:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0992.JPG Views:	0 Size:	145.8 KB ID:	1851270Don't worry, the "International Drive your Studebaker Day" Sign is Magnetic!
      Last edited by StudeRich; 08-16-2020, 09:37 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Nice car Rich, but you apparently installed the narrow whitewalls inside-out.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Footer View Post
          Hi Lou Van Anne
          I had a 64 Daytona 2-door Hardtop back in 1972 in Spokane WA. It was dark blue, light blue bucket seats, R1, 4 speed, 160 mph speedometer and tach. Sold it for $500 to buy a 69 Barracuda. Ever hear of such a car? I have an 83 Avanti now, but always liked that Daytona. Thanks, Mike Reiter, Deer Park, WA.
          Do you have a serial number/photo to add?
          Lou Van Anne
          62 Champ
          64 R2 GT Hawk
          79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            We did have one '64 Daytona Hardtop recently in Renton, WA that was Strato Blue Metallic (Dark), that ended up as, I believe a 4 Speed R2 when Kenny (on the Forum)) sold it.

What I do NOT remember is, was it built as a Four Speed R1, as I know the Engine was changed or the Paxton was added.

Here is my Standard 289, Power Shift Daytona:
            Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0992.JPG Views:	0 Size:	145.8 KB ID:	1851270Don't worry, the "International Drive your Studebaker Day" Sign is Magnetic!
            I think we have listed this one, right? Serial Number?
            Lou Van Anne
            62 Champ
            64 R2 GT Hawk
            79 Avanti II

Comment

Yes Lou, 64V11052, that should be in that Group of I think (4) '64 Daytonas I registered some time ago.

This Car is the fully Loaded, (with AM/FM) Studebaker Corp. Burlingame, CA Zone Office Daytona.
              We found it at The Silver Auctions Sale at the McDonald Apple Orchard in Donald, WA near Yakama 6/24/2001.

If I counted 4 Door '64 Daytona's there are/were about 7!
              We found this one on eBay:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	64Daytona4drStratoBlue.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	1851339
              Last edited by StudeRich; 08-17-2020, 11:16 AM.
              StudeRich

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                No, actually those are Goodyear Invicta GS P215X70R15 Blackwalls, I would NEVER do that.

I hate the look, but in 1997 The Walmart Discount Store (name?) in the L.A. Area had them too cheap to ignore, I had them on those '70 Chrysler Cordoba 5.5 wide wheels BEFORE I bought this Hardtop.
                They are still like New, but COULD be beyond the 5 Year throw away rule!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	64 Budd1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	63.1 KB ID:	1851347
                This is the spare that went in the Astra White Hardtop that went to Australia, Done MY way.

UPDATE: the "Other" Walmart Store was called "Price Club" ... Members ONLY!
                Last edited by StudeRich; 08-18-2020, 12:19 PM. Reason: Added "Price Club"
                StudeRich

Comment

That is the same color as my Daytona. My only picture I have of it is an old black and white with it in the background. Never really new what I had until years after I sold it. Didn’t even know what the “Avanti Powered R1” badge meant at first. It was in Spokane for awhile, I saw it sitting in the fairground parking lot at the Auto Boat and Speed Show. I hoped the guy who bought it from me knew what it was and kept it safe. It had Twin Traction, disc brakes, even a hill holder that I thought was the neatest thing! Just wondered if it was rare enough that it might have survived. Thanks, Mike

Comment

It was a very desirable Car alright and also rare, and would probably have been saved if a Stude. knowledgeable Owner got, but if it got trashed, or wrecked maybe not.
                    StudeRich

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      Yes Lou, 64V11052, that should be in that Group of I think (4) '64 Daytonas I registered some time ago.

This Car is the fully Loaded, (with AM/FM) Studebaker Corp. Burlingame, CA Zone Office Daytona.
                      We found it at The Silver Auctions Sale at the McDonald Apple Orchard in Donald, WA near Yakama 6/24/2001.

If I counted 4 Door '64 Daytona's there are/were about 7!
                      We found this one on eBay:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	64Daytona4drStratoBlue.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	1851339
                      Thanks Rich.....I've now added the photo!
                      Lou Van Anne
                      62 Champ
                      64 R2 GT Hawk
                      79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                        Brent I sent you a PM......Bob
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

One more: 64V12693 has appeared! I'll add it to the next revision.......any others out there?
                          Lou Van Anne
                          62 Champ
                          64 R2 GT Hawk
                          79 Avanti II

Comment

Working...
                          X