Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any SDC - Forum Members Lost to COVID-19?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any SDC - Forum Members Lost to COVID-19?

Does anyone know of any club and Forum members who have become ill from, or we have lost to COVID-19?
    As this crisis has progressed I have begun to worry about this.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

I don't know anyone that has been confirmed to have had it.
    james r pepper

Comment

Hopefully most of us are smarter then the average Bear!
      Not crammed into the Beach without a Mask.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Being high risk (0ver 65, diabetic, stroke, seizure, 4 bypass surgery, prostate surgery) I am not going out unless I have to. When I get home, I shower, wash my clothes and put clean clothes on.

I am flying Thursday, will wear a mask as mandated, buy food and water in the terminal, and be sure to take my medicines and check my blood sugar. This precautionary reaction is from years ago when I worked in a hospital and never brought things home or caught any infectious diseases. Genetics does help too but I won't tempt fate.

I hope everyone is keeping safe. We do have our board meetings at a local restaurant with 6 feet distance. It is one thing each month I do look forward to having.

Bob Miles

Comment

Some of us at the drags in Bean Blossom were discussing this. No one knew anyone who actually had Covid 19. There have been 2 people in our county die from the disease. That is the official cause. The first person had a long list of other factors which could have been deadly. I don't know about the other one as they just passed a couple of days ago.
          Interesting to my brother and I was the fact that we saw very few people in Indiana wearing masks. We were surprised that our area has more people with them. Time will tell.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

I havent heard of anyone either. Here in my zip code, as of last friday we have zero cases, so hopefully it will stay that way.
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

It is not too surprising that we do not know anyone with the virus. Here in FL, a hot spot, we have 200,000 cases. While that sounds like a lot, our population is over 20,000,000. About 1% of the population is confirmed to have the virus. We have about 4,000 deaths attributed to the virus. That is about .02% of the population. Most of the cases and deaths are around Miami. So the likelihood of me knowing someone who has passed is small. As things progress, this could change.
              78 Avanti RQB 2792
              64 Avanti R1 R5408
              63 Avanti R1 R4551
              63 Avanti R1 R2281
              62 GT Hawk V15949
              56 GH 6032504
              56 GH 6032588
              55 Speedster 7160047
              55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

It is not too surprising that we do not know anyone with the virus. Here in FL, a hot spot, we have 200,000 cases. While that sounds like a lot, our population is over 20,000,000. About 1% of the population is confirmed to have the virus. We have about 4,000 deaths attributed to the virus. That is about .02% of the population. Most of the cases and deaths are around Miami. So the likelihood of me knowing someone who has passed is small. As things progress, this could change.
                ^^^ This is reality. ^^^

What we are being sold by the media is a fantasy designed to scare us to death.

The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I believe one person in my county died from COVID induced cancer a couple of months ago.

Comment

58 people in my county have died from it 4600 are confirmed to have it. About 6.1% of people in this county have it, 1.27% of them have died. One, who worked a mile from my house died, he lived in another county, but 48 of his coworkers were confirmed as having it.
                    I've left my property only 6 times since February, only when necessary, and only 4 people (all family) have come here (a total of 6 times) since then and we "social distance ". I've actually seen my daughter twice, two times more than I normally would have. She lives 50 miles away.
                    Heck, first I've seen of the neighbors was today when I saw and said hi to the next door and across the street neighbors from 80 feet away when I got the mail. I was surprised to see them both at the same time, a rare occasion at any time.
                    Last edited by bensherb; 07-07-2020, 11:34 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post

Statements like this test my tolerance. For the record my immediate family has 4 members. One member has survived the virus. Another puts herself in danger of getting the virus every shift she works as an RN in the Emergency unit and gets to witness how quickly this virus can strike some healthy people down in a matter of minutes...not hours, but minutes.

Junior
                      sigpic
                      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post

^^^ This is reality. ^^^

Just for the record, back in early May when you called Covid-19 a "piker," we had 70,000 deaths from it in this country. Only two months later, that number has doubled.

Comment

Good Grief!!! Ironic isn't it...I take the OP's original question as a sincere effort to find out if any of our fellow members have been lost to this pandemic? But, it looks as if the "let's choose up sides and begin taking potshots at each other," tendency has intervened and could cause this thread to be killed due to covid 19.

(Well...he started it...did not...did too........)
                          John Clary
                          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I know of no one yet, and me at 78 years need to do my part and can not see why other people do not want to do their part, follow the guide line to be safe and live longer. For those that think this BS then I can only hope they are the ones that get it and be part of the numbers. come on people follow the guide lines and be safe.
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Check out STUDEBAKER PASSING, James Hicks.

Comment

Working...
                              X