Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ever happened to "Ant" from San Francisco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ever happened to "Ant" from San Francisco?

Back in the early days of this forum, there was a fellow who often posted. He lived in San Francisco and went by the name of "Ant". Was it short for Anthony? Who knows?

His posts were always full of humor and he must have been quite a character.

One of his post titles that I remember was "More of Ant's wild ravings".

Does anyone know where he is now, what he has been up to, and when/if he will return to bring some humor into our lives?

I miss reading Ant's wild ravings.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Roy - if you can find his account again, one of the pieces of information you can see is the last time the person posted anything. Good luck.

Comment

He must have been here a long time ago. I am not familiar with that user name.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

You have to have some thick skin to hang around here very long.

Comment

Unfortunately, I believe Ant is no longer with us. Here is the New York Times obituary.

MUTO--Anthony L.

Born on July 7, 1958 - died January 5, 2017 in Burien, WA. A native of New York City, Anthony graduated from Little Red Schoolhouse and following the High School of Art & Design, he made his home in San Francisco. There he established Reel Wheels, a company that supplied movie productions from his collection of classic autos. Anthony will be remembered as an authority on Studebakers and an historian and master mechanic of Indian Motorcycles. Anthony is survived by his mother Laverne Dagras, stepfather Stephen Levine, sister Maude Muto-Cangiolosi and her husband Richard Cangiolosi, and brother Christopher David Muto. He also leaves two nieces, Christina Cangiolosi and Molly Mae Cangiolosi. His father, Anthony L. Muto, Sr. predeceased him.
          Gary Ash
          Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
          ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
          '48 M5
          '65 Wagonaire Commander
          '63 Wagonaire Standard
          web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

Well that is sad to see/read. I miss his wild ravings.

Thanks for the information gentlemen.

R.I.P Ant.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
            10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
            56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
            60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Gary is right he moved from the Bay Area up to Sonora and opened a shop but did mostly collecting things some Studebakers and Indian bikes. He then moved to Washington state and lived in a trailer and that is were he passed away his Indian was stolen and never found and the storage building he had in Sonora got behind in rent and the landlord would not let anyone in even to pay the back rent and save the parts our friend and member Steve Hinshaw tried but no luck, landlord was an SOB and sold every thing. Steve can do a better on this subject.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Working...
              X