Wagonaire lawn swing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagonaire lawn swing

A month or two ago I put the word out that I had a bench seat available that I removed from my ‘63 in favor of a split-bench with recliners that I found. No one seemed interested in it. I even suggested how spiffy of a porch swing it would make... anyway, it was too good to throw away, and too big to keep. And then I started noodling on this swing idea.... and, Poof! There it was. Click image for larger version  Name:	6F106B8E-CEDF-4AE2-B347-A5A0D1AB5005.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	165.6 KB ID:	1841793 OK, that “poof” is really over simplifying it, but...
    By the way, it’s supremely comfortable!
    1950 Commander Land Cruiser
    1951 Champion Business Coupe
    1951 Commander Starlight
    1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
    1953 Champion Starlight
    1953 Commander Starliner
    1953 2R5
    1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
    1957 Silver Hawk
    1957 3E5 Pick-Up
    1959 Silver Hawk
    1961 Hawk
    1962 Cruiser 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Convertible
    1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
    1965 Cruiser
    1970 Avanti

Nice! And who says that Studebaker's are not Environmentally Friendly? . . The perfect "recycle Plan" for a Studebaker Part !
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thats great , I can imagine relaxing on that with a Bloody Mary , Ed

Comment

Nice!

...any chance that X-wide arm rest is insulated?

Comment

Super! Great use!
          Nick

Comment

I love it! The Pacific and huge bodies of water must serve as a great climate moderator for the region. Here, in the western Carolinas, the climate whipsaw of the summer sun, severe electrical storms, freezing winter temps, rain, bird droppings, and rodent nesting...the poor seat would be fortunate to survive two years, that is, if storm winds didn't twist it into a pretzel.

But, for now...my overactive imagination has me enjoying a blissful moment relaxing in this "Post Card" scenery.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Very nice work, and a great picture as well! This reminds me of the summer of '72 when we decided to junk the family's '63 Checker Station Wagon. Before getting it towed away we saved a bunch of "souvenirs" from it. One item was the front bench seat which was in perfect condition. My dad, a talented woodworker, built a nice wooden base/framework for it and it is still in my parent's game room .

Comment

Quik!... Restage that picture again...with the Wagonaire parked (doors open) next to the swing. A potential future Turning Wheels cover picture.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                X