Studebaker History - Vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker History - Vote

I love everything Avanti related from Studebaker thru the Cancun Avantis. I believe it to be one of the most significant automotive stories of all times. I invest a great deal of time effort and money in researching this story. Occasionally I uncover little or unknown parts of this history and share it in a book or photo history for fellow lovers and historians to learn and enjoy. The reaction to my latest exercise which I self published (advanced funds and costs advanced by me) has led me to question whether there is enough demand for me and interest to continue down this road. Without the Swap Meet this year sales have been extremely low.
    The book is carried by the Studebaker National Museum, Studebaker International, and the Avanti Owners Association Book Store. I also handle direct sales cash or check only from my home.
    Fathers day, Birthdays, or a thirst for Studebaker History should generate enough demand to make these exercises and costs worthwhile. If you vote by purchasing or not purchasing this book I will have my answer,

Thanks for your time.

John Hull
    2862 Stoney Creek Dr.
    Elgin, Illinois 60124
    John Hull

Sorry, what book?

Comment

And what price?
      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
      50 Champion 2 door*
      53 Commander K Auto*
      53 Commander K overdrive*
      55 President Speedster
      62 GT 4Speed*
      63 Avanti R1*
      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

@Avantict John, why not edit your signature pic to include a picture of your book cover and price. Being a paid member of the SDC, and therefore, I have no objection to you being able to share this information with anyone interested who might stumble across this forum and notice what you have to offer. If I had done such work as you have, I wouldn't hesitate to share it on the forum until someone gave me a good reason why I shouldn't. It's not like you are using the forum to sell vacuum cleaners, or some kind of glue to make boats from chicken wire. A picture of the book should give us the title and price. I might (or might not) purchase the book...but at least, posting it here is a sure way of reaching an appropriate prospect (I was unaware of your book), and is certainly as worthy of discussion as the thousands of comments regarding vapor lock and electric fuel pumps.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
          @Avantict John, why not edit your signature pic to include a picture of your book cover and price.
          I believe may have more than one book title available:

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....rlift-may-1962

Avanti, Beyond Studebaker, and

Avanti, The Complete Story.

Craig

Comment

Book Title Studebaker Avanti Operation Airlift May 1962 Cost $29.95
            Sorry I did not include in original email
            John Hull

Comment

I just bought a copy from the Museum Online Store. Was up there today, but it's worth the $10 in freight to not have to travel into St. Joe County again. If you use the search tool, its under "Books - Studebaker History". Anxiously awaiting delivery, plus, happy to support the Museum again. Just after renewing my Museum Membership last month.

Comment

John's books, all of them are worth every penny that they cost. His thorough research and knowledge and writing abilities will keep you interested until the last page is read. Highly recommend them all as a part of the unique Studebaker history story.
                sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Originally posted by 556063 View Post
                  I just bought a copy from the Museum Online Store. Was up there today, but it's worth the $10 in freight to not have to travel into St. Joe County again.
                  Have the charges on the Indiana Toll Road really escalated THAT MUCH!!

Craig

Comment

John, the book is well done and deserves to be on every Avanti Lover's coffee table. Love all the pictures and the details on the Airlift C 82 plane and it's whereabouts and history. I'd never seen many of the pictures, and the way Studebaker put on the displays back in that time. Thanks for documenting this for History.

Comment

Response so far underwhelming - Two sales SNM Will wait a while on deciding to publish in the future
                      John Hull

Comment

Originally posted by Avantict View Post
                        Response so far underwhelming - Two sales SNM Will wait a while on deciding to publish in the future
                        John - IMO, you do an excellent job. I think that the acceptance/purchase of books, yours included, has a lot to do with the subject covered. Your Airlift book has a very limited appeal, whereas your Complete Story book has a much larger appeal. I believe that price is secondary to this. I do not want you to be discouraged. You should really do it for you.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Avantict View Post
                          Response so far underwhelming - Two sales SNM Will wait a while on deciding to publish in the future.
                          That is unfortunate, as all your books are an excellent read. I sure enjoy them!

I hope you can also make to MCACN in November and sell some signed copies again this year:

Craig

Comment

You mean there's words as well as pictures? .
                            Bez Auto Alchemy
                            573-318-8948
                            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Why not make it available for instant download, upon purchase? Several outlets available nowadays, that way no need to drive to SB, or wait several weeks for the book. I seldom buy anything in paperback or hard cover anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X