A day of Studebakering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day of Studebakering

It was a good day. Finally got the front suspension put back together on the yellow '54. It was so easy to take apart my friend and I thought it would be easy to put back together. But it took 4 separate attempts to get back together. It was kicking our butts but I bought a new spring compressor and it worked like a charm. Then I took s2d out for a quick spin after having the brakes bled. I just can’t get over the paint on s2d. It’s so impressive, I could get lost looking at the car.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by J_Cole; 06-13-2020, 06:27 AM.

This, my friends, is what love looks like.
    Mike Davis
    Regional Manager, North Carolina
    1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

I know the feeling. These cars just beg to be loved. Especially the Studebaker tri-5 coupes.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by StudeNewby View Post
        This, my friends, is what love looks like.
        I was telling the mechanic that bled the brakes on S2D that I'd wanted a '53/54 since I was a year old. He was like I didn't even know kids that young knew what they wanted. I told him at my first swap meet in May of 1984, at 18 months old, I was already obssessed with the '53's and knew that I'd have one some day. I'd go up to them a the swap meet, walk around them, and tell the owners if they had the correct wheel covers or not :-)

It's a total dream come true.

Comment

The 53’s got me young.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X