Speedster wheel color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedster wheel color

Doing a little research by looking at cars online, I’m not quite able to determine the factory correct color for the wheels on a lemon lime Speedster. I’ve seen matching green, matching yellow, and black. Mine are green. Is that the correct color? Or is more than one color choice possible?
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes green is correct.

Comment

I am sure Bill ought to know, Bob!

Here are a couple that verify the Lower Color does match, even though I would call the "Major Color" of the car as Yellow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	55 Speedster restored.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	1839494Click image for larger version

Name:	Pink_ Gray Speedster.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	1839495
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
        Or is more than one color choice possible?
        As others have stated, Hialeah Green, but as per Post #5 here: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....-on-speedsters no other option choice was available unless the Production Order states otherwise.

Craig

Comment

I think Green, would be most correct. Unless you have an original production order, that specifies yellow wheels? Do you intend to show this car? You can certainly paint them yellow, if that's what you want? They may deduct a few points, if it's noticed, and you don't have a production order, that specifies it? But, it is your car, so ultimately, it's your decision! Do, whatever pleases you?

Mark
          sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Thanks all. They’re already green, so it’s one less thing to do

I don’t intend to show it, I guess I mostly just wanted to learn. This is a gorgeous driver, stunning really, but not a perfect show car. I’m just enjoying driving it and improving little things as she wakes up from a 10 year slumber. Before long she will be moving to a new home. I want her to be extra nice for the next owner.
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

IMO, they look better when matched to the fender color.*
              The contrasting color, even if it matches another part of the car, becomes a needless distraction from the design unity. There's already plenty going on with the Speedster wheel covers!

*Studebaker wheel white looks great, too - especially with whitewalls.
              Andy
              62 GT

Comment

Working...
              X