No announcement yet.

Pencil sketch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed C. still keeps the 1955 Speedster Roster. He has been banned here, but is active on the AOAI Forum. He should get the information on your '55 Speedster.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      Ed C. still keeps the 1955 Speedster Roster. He has been banned here, but is active on the AOAI Forum. He should get the information on your '55 Speedster.
      I don’t know what information he would give me that isn’t already readily available on the Internet. It was very easy to find the history of Speedsters. As far as options, they all came with every option available. From what I read you picked manual or automatic transmission and your colors and that was it.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post

I don’t know what information he would give me that isn’t already readily available on the Internet. It was very easy to find the history of Speedsters. As far as options, they all came with every option available. From what I read you picked manual or automatic transmission and your colors and that was it.
        I wasn't referring to information to you. I was thinking of you providing the new ownership information for your car's Serial Number for the Speedster Roster. He is MFG on the AOAI Forum. I think that he also monitors this SDC Forum.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

They did NOT come with "every option available". For example, power windows and power seat was still optional at extra cost on Speedsters.

Craig

Comment

As far as options, they all came with every option available. From what I read you picked manual or automatic transmission and your colors and that was it.
            I've heard, that they could also be ordered, with power windows, at least in the doors? And I've also seen a couple equipped with them, and possibly with a power seat adjustment as well? Was this possibly original equipment, or not?

Mark
            sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post
              I've heard, that they could also be ordered, with power windows, at least in the doors? And I've also seen a couple equipped with them, and possibly with a power seat adjustment as well? Was this possibly original equipment, or not?
              According to RQ's Speedster article in the October, 1998 Collectible Automobile magazine, 198 were equipped with power windows and 157 with power seat.

Craig

Comment

I had a local friend that owned three 1955 Speedsters at once and two of them had power windows.

In case some of you wonder why I include 1955 with Speedster it is because it was the second time that Studebaker used Speedster as a model name.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  I had a local friend that owned three 1955 Speedsters at once and two of them had power windows.

In case some of you wonder why I include 1955 with Speedster it is because it was the second time that Studebaker used Speedster as a model name.
                  RQ made mention of the 1922 Big Six 'Speedster' four door touring in the first paragraph along with a small black & white photo of one in his October, 1998 Collectible Automobile article.

[EDIT] Good timing one someone's inquiry on the AACA Forum about the earlier Speedster:
                  https://forums.aaca.org/topic/345668...ker-speedster/

Touring body styles in those years did not have windows of any kind that lowered into the doors.

Craig
                  Last edited by 8E45E; 06-07-2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

According to RQ's Speedster article in the October, 1998 Collectible Automobile magazine, 198 were equipped with power windows and 157 with power seat.

Craig

Thanks Craig, I couldn't remember the specific figures, but you're such a magician! You're, always able to pull them up?

Mark
                    sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Working...
                    X