Faux or real deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faux or real deal?

Is this a real model stude or one excellent custom. In any event it would give the UTE (one of my favorites) a run for it's money as an attention getter. Okay Ute fans back off i'm not downing it, it's just taht this is one *** good looking car.

Maybe I'm dense (okay, I am)... but what are you talking about? Did you forget to post a picture[?]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Yeah Dad, is your memory slipping a bit? Too much hanging out in the beachside restaurants in Guam? Better get back soon, we have a little blue project you can help us on...

John and Tracy Smith
      Queen Creek Arizona
      http://1955studebaker.blogspot.com/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by John and Tracy Smith

Yeah Dad, is your memory slipping a bit? Too much hanging out in the beachside restaurants in Guam? Better get back soon, we have a little blue project you can help us on...

John and Tracy Smith
        Queen Creek Arizona
        Huh it's right here! what you thought i was slippin. Guess you kiddies are losing it in lark moss. http://www.goheartland.com/VintageVe...rDelivery.html

Comment

Now THAT is a sweet ride. They should have built one.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

Maybe I'm dense (okay, I am)... but what are you talking about? Did you forget to post a picture[?]
            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
            Gee how many times have i heard that phrase. But hey i know where Lewiston, California is and Eagleville too. Great country, but i sure hated that daily drive over into Nevada when we were doing Hog Ranch gold mine. Such a contrast between the two bordering states. Here's the link, i don't have any of my books with me, so i couldn't look it up.

http://www.goheartland.com/VintageVe...rDelivery.html

Comment

Everything fits. Imaginative. I like it! [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

That is neat and I wouldn't mind owning and driving it, but not $28K worth to me.

Edit: To directly answer the question - faux.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by bridgegaurd

Is this a real model stude or one excellent custom.
                  Duh guess i should have read the part about grafted dodge panel wagon onto the stude. Would have answered nmy question.

But it's still one fine looking custom. what i wouldn't give to have that, the UTE, and both hawk and lark rumble seat cars in my drive.
                  And the suicide king of course.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by John and Tracy Smith

Wow just when you were getting popular in the stude world, you had to go and admit we were related. Hope you don't lose to many points on that one. Looking forward to the Lark, and of course my new C-cab which i believe is pretty close in color? But then i've only seen pictures? Just let me know who you talk into crawling into the trunk. If it was me i'd pull a door lock or better yet if it has a glove box lock pull that much easier and have a key made. It will fit the trunk. Hope thats not Luka Brasia in the tarp.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bridgegaurd
                      Huh it's right here! what you thought i was slippin. Guess you kiddies are losing it in lark moss. http://www.goheartland.com/VintageVe...rDelivery.html
                      It's built from a Dodge Durango.

Paul
                      Winston-Salem, NC
                      Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                      Paul
                      Winston-Salem, NC
                      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Ok Tracy, just start slapping me now, but your dad made me think of this, so it's his fault.

John talks Tracy into crawling into the trunk and, in order to have something to match the hubcap pic, he takes a pic of her while she is stretched out reaching for the latch. She sees the flash and yells at him "Does this trunk make my butt look big?"

Please let me know what my punishment is.....

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

No punishment necessary...I mean, look at my family! I put up with a lot to be married to this man, and I have to say I love his dad, too! They have introduced me to a whole new world...oh, and Studebakers, too.

Seriously, though, much to my dismay, you're probably hitting really close to the truth here and I'll need to be editing any of John's picture posts closely from now on...

John and Tracy Smith
                          Queen Creek Arizona

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

Ok Tracy, just start slapping me now, but your dad made me think of this, so it's his fault.

John talks Tracy into crawling into the trunk and, in order to have something to match the hubcap pic, he takes a pic of her while she is stretched out reaching for the latch. She sees the flash and yells at him "Does this trunk make my butt look big?"

Please let me know what my punishment is.....

Darn Bob you should have waited a little, here i and the rest of the forum waiting for that picture. Now all we're gonna get is a picture of her feet.

Comment

Thanks for laughing, that's all I needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X