• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63larkr1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 63larkr1
    replied
    Here is a picture from Edgewater Sports Park Miamitown, Ohio of my Gasser Challenger about a car length out in a Straight Axle Mafia gasser race a couple weeks ago. They are a great group of guys. Someone said it looks like I have a load of concrete in the trunk! Tires sure took a beating! Maybe I just have that heavy Studebaker V8 in the trunk?
    It sure is fun to drive!!
    Thanks, Richard

Leave a comment:

• 63larkr1
    replied
    Thanks, I looking forward to seeing if this works too. There is a Gasser race coming up so we will see.
    Richard

Leave a comment:

• wheels777
    replied
    Originally posted by 63larkr1 View Post
    Thank you Andrew,
    I'm getting a lot of squat, so I'm replacing the rear shocks with the single adjustable (18 settings) QA1s. Maybe it will hook again? This is before with the three-way adjustable shocks, I haven't tested the new shocks yet.
    Thanks,
    Richard
    https://youtu.be/bbclQ3JwuAI
    Your biggest fan from PA will be anxiously waiting to see the results!!!

Leave a comment:

• 63larkr1
    replied
    Thank you Andrew,
    I'm getting a lot of squat, so I'm replacing the rear shocks with the single adjustable (18 settings) QA1s. Maybe it will hook again? This is before with the three-way adjustable shocks, I haven't tested the new shocks yet.
    Thanks,
    Richard
    https://youtu.be/bbclQ3JwuAI

Leave a comment:

• wheels777
    replied
    Very cool Richard.

Leave a comment:

• 63larkr1
    replied
    55s
    No, I have run this car for about eight or nine years on the track with the stock suspension front and rear, with just a bar under the rear axle spring u bolts on the Dana 44, running up about 36" to the frame. The rear tires are really skinny 9" wide, 28" tall, on 15" rims 7 inches wide with a 4.5" BS. I have run these for several years, but they are hard to hookup on my stick shift car with the HP I have. They never rub, even though as you said they do grow with the RPM. They make a special 29" stick shift tire and I think I can make that work, maybe I will try that next.
    You can see better in this video from 2017. I was running against a supercharged Camaro in testing and I carried the front tire to the tree, as you can see. This is with all the stock front suspension. Thanks to Ted Harbit who took the 2017 video.
    Thanks for your interesting question.
    Richard
    https://youtu.be/3ahP5HNqQQo

Leave a comment:

• 55s
    replied
    Very nice Richard,

Question: Won't the rear tires get too big on acceleration and rub?

Leave a comment:

• 63larkr1
    replied
    Thanks to all of you for the kind words. I used the stock frame that I just modified to accept the Speedway 4" drop axle and Wilwood race brakes.
    It still has some of the heavy stock parts like the heavy frame cross member.
    The steering is stock heavy Studebaker six box and center steer and 1950 Chevy spindles. As I have always done on this car I wanted to see if it can be done this way.
    I haven't had a chance to take it down the track so I don't know what will happen at 120mph yet. I was going to go tonight but the rain just canceled that.
    Thanks,
    Richard

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard
    replied
    Richard,
    Great job, can't wait to see her on the track.
    What sort of weight reduction do you think was accomplished? I'll bet it will really need those wheelie bars now.
    Cheers,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Metman
    replied
    That's awesome! Love gassers! That ending is GREAT!! What did you use for your front end?

Leave a comment:

• t walgamuth
    replied
    That is a very impressive build! Great looking detail on the aluminum panels inside.

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Love the ending!! Bob

Leave a comment:

• Noxnabaker
    replied
    Cool!!! I just wanted some interior & engine bay pictures...

Leave a comment:

• DTHolder
    replied
    Very Nice!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X