JUNE 2020 Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JUNE 2020 Turning Wheels

OK...Avanti Don gave us a heads-up on the MAY issue thread...(thanks Don) "Well, now we all can start looking for June's issue as it was released to the USPS on 18 May and is on its way to all of you who are members. Remember once it is released it is out of our hands and is in hands of the USPS to get to you safely. let's hope things have settled down for the USPS and delivery will be better with this one."

So, today I just returned from my mailbox and June's issue is here in S.C.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Good Gravy! Sounds like the East Coast distribution with the USPS is better than Western division. Don't want to bore everyone but the division seems to be in a constant state of flux do to management changes. Since I retired from that region, I hope they get their stuff straight.

Bob Miles

Comment

Delivered in DC either last Fri or Sat, 22-23 May.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Received in my PO Box today; but of course, the Post Office has been closed here since Friday, so...
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10,
        '51 Commander Starlight,
        '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
        '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Just got June. Still no May. Guess I need to request another copy.
          78 Avanti RQB 2792
          64 Avanti R1 R5408
          63 Avanti R1 R4551
          63 Avanti R1 R2281
          62 GT Hawk V15949
          56 GH 6032504
          56 GH 6032588
          55 Speedster 7160047
          55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

June arrived here today in west suburban Indianapolis (Tuesday, May 26th). 'Nice issue with the Larry Swanson remembrances.

I was sorry to read of the passing of Frank Frost. We met and corresponded extensively when he produced the famous Sunday Service poster in 1989 and I researched the exact day, place, and event...and identified the Preacher in the truck (Rev. Martin Galstad) and a couple of other people in the photograph. Frank was a genuinely nice guy.

RIP, Frank and Larry. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I got my June issue two days ago. May got here on time as well. I guess I'm lucky....
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

John, thanks for starting this thread. It helps.

Bob, most all of my information including yesterday shows that the USPS problem is west of the Mississippi.

Henry, call Cornerstone Registration. As Florida was slow but it should have arrived.
                sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Standard delivery to St. Louis suburbs (63119) on 5/26.

Comment

Got my June issue here in Western PA yesterday, 5/26/20.

Comment

Henry, call Cornerstone Registration. As Florida was slow but it should have arrived.

Plan on contacting Cornerstone. May be a local P.O. thing. My neighbor did not get his May copy either, but did get June.
                      78 Avanti RQB 2792
                      64 Avanti R1 R5408
                      63 Avanti R1 R4551
                      63 Avanti R1 R2281
                      62 GT Hawk V15949
                      56 GH 6032504
                      56 GH 6032588
                      55 Speedster 7160047
                      55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

For the Western Region, the city of Denver health service department tried to shut down the processing facility in Denver. 5 USPS employees tested positive out of 1900 workers. There was a rumor going around that the processing plant was shut down.

USPS did not shut down the facility; this is from postalnews.com. The order was issued on Thursday May 21 but the plant as of this time will continue to operate. So everyone depending on medication and other items will continue to get them. There are contingency plans in place, just like when the attacks on the world trade center happened. Mail can be rerouted but it will be processed. There may be a delay but it will be delivered.

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds. Not an official motto but more of a tribute to all the postal workers.

Bob Miles

Comment

Oh, goodie southern Oregon coast just got lucky, Wednesday

Comment

Just received my June issue! Two issues in one week.

Comment

Received my June issue today...Wednesday May 27. Two issues in one week. wow!

Comment

Working...
                              X