Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driving our '55 truck to a Ford F100 show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving our '55 truck to a Ford F100 show!

I like mid-fifties F100 Ford trucks too. I've had several '56s. I now have a '56 Panel, powered by a 500c.i. Cadillac, under construction. My wife and I are planning to attend an event in Pigeon Forge TN in June for F100s. It's a three hour drive for us. About half interstate 40 and half two-lane highways. We've made the drive in the Studebaker more than once and a longer, five hour drive to Myrtle Beach SC before. I expect no problems. The '55 cab & bed are on a '87 Dodge Dakota frame with 2.97:1 rear axle and has a 4.3 Chevy V6 with a quadrajet and a TH400 trans. It will cruise at interstate speeds all day long getting 23-25 mpg. We won't be entering the show but we are staying at the headquarters motel for the event. I hope to pick up a few things that I need for the '56 Panel at the swapmeet.
    thom

That sounds pretty cool, a 4.3 V6 with a Big H.D. THM400! Now THAT is ODD, and likely unbreakable, more so than that Engine being in a Studebaker on a Dodge Frame!

I guess "dare to be Different" really fits you.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

How about a picture or three?
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

thom

Comment

You've seen it before, nothing much to look at.
          thom

Comment

I've a few more things I want to do but I think we'll be good to go. I've driven the truck over 100 miles in the last two days without a problem. I think I'll repack the front wheel bearings, so I bought new seals today. The usual tire pressure check, top off of fluids, and general check over and we will hit the road.
            thom

Comment

Now the F100 show has been postponed til August 13-15. The next news will probably be a cancelation.
              thom

Comment

Working...
              X