Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood for ‘56 Sky Hawk

Hello Studebaker’s
    is it difficult to find a hood for a sky hawk?
    Alain

Originally posted by AlainBahuaud View Post
    Hello Studebaker’s
    Alain

Yes! 1956 hoods are single year only in that the hood scoop is bulged.

Earlier c/k hoods had no bulge and subsequent hoods the "scoop" went all the way rear gradually ending at the cowl.

Others here can probably elaborate further...

Comment

All 4 1956 Hawks had this hood; Flight Hawk, Power Hawk, Sky Hawk & Golden Hawk, but it was only ONE Year. So they ARE Very hard to find.

Here is a '56: ................................................................................ ..........................And a '57:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Sunglow_White Loaded 56b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	160.2 KB ID:	1836517Click image for larger version  Name:	57_S_HawkBurgandy4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.5 KB ID:	1836519
      The Hawk below is Modified, may be a '61 with a '56 Hood or a '56 with '61 Fins, probably the latter.
      I only choose it because it is a good High angle:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	56 Power Hawk Custom2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	63.5 KB ID:	1836518Notice also that the Parking Light setback is MUCH Less on '57 & '58's.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 05-18-2020, 03:29 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Mon Ami,

If you found a hood, that is correct, that is a good start. Now we just need to find you a Sky Hawk to match up the hood to the rest of the car. For some reason, I always seem to stumble 56 hoods and trunk lids when I have no need for them!

Bob Miles

Comment

Originally posted by AlainBahuaud View Post
          Hello Studebaker’s
          Alain
          I have a friend here near Seattle with a good ‘56 hood, but shipping to France is not something I know how to do without your help... let me know if you’re interested. I can call him to see what he wants for it if you like. —Kenny
          1950 Commander Land Cruiser
          1951 Champion Business Coupe
          1951 Commander Starlight
          1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
          1953 Champion Starlight
          1953 Commander Starliner
          1953 2R5
          1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
          1957 Silver Hawk
          1957 3E5 Pick-Up
          1959 Silver Hawk
          1961 Hawk
          1962 Cruiser 4 speed
          1963 Daytona Convertible
          1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
          1965 Cruiser
          1970 Avanti

Comment

Originally posted by drrotor View Post

I have a friend here near Seattle with a good ‘56 hood, but shipping to France is not something I know how to do without your help... let me know if you’re interested. I can call him to see what he wants for it if you like. —Kenny
            Shipping a hood to France would be prohibitively expensive. Since our Francofriend does not yet have the '56 Sky Hawk, put the hood on the car before it leaves the US and it ships overseas for free.

jack vines

BTW - I have a '56 hood and deck lid, but won't be offering them for sale other than locally. Packing and shipping them safely is way more hassle than I want to get into ever again.

jv
            PackardV8

Comment

Working...
            X