Museum store closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Museum store closed?

I assume that the SNM is closed due to COVID. Does anyone know if the store is currently fulfilling online merchandise orders?
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

To the best of my knowledge the museum store IS open for business though the museum itself is closed down. They could use all the help we SDCer's can give them as they are in a financial crunch too. Bill

Comment

That is good, I want to order some new stuff in honor of my Speedster purchase.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I placed an order a couple of weeks ago and my items arrived within a week.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I just got an email from them on the 13th. They were having a t-shirt sale. Buy one, get the second on half off. I think it may be over though.

https://www.studebakermuseum.org/sto...debaker-shirts

Comment

How much of a crunch are they in?
            David L

Comment

The museum store is open for business via on line sales. The full staff of the museum returned to work last Monday. They are working on new projects inside the museum with anticipation of opening in the near future. If you want build sheets, production orders or drawings from the archives they are also available. These items take some time to gather and produce but with the museum closed to the public now is the time to order them. Also want to "Adopt A Car" in the museum, please contact them as that is one way we all can help with funding. If you would like to just give them a donation they would appreciate that as well. The Museum's Management Staff along the Board of Trustees and the Finance Committee has done a remarkable job of making budget reductions to ensure that the museum is on good financial footing.
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
                If you want build sheets, production orders or drawings from the archives they are also available. These items take some time to gather and produce but with the museum closed to the public now is the time to order them.
                I agree!

Being a 'closed shop' at this time will not divert the staff's attention to having to cater to walk-in traffic, and at the same time, it keeps them employed.

Craig

Comment

I ordered build sheets for both of my Studebakers yesterday. I was impressed by the young lady with whom I spoke. I am now anxiously waiting for those to arrive. I do understand that it will be a while and am not upset about that.
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                    I ordered build sheets for both of my Studebakers yesterday. I was impressed by the young lady with whom I spoke. I am now anxiously waiting for those to arrive. I do understand that it will be a while and am not upset about that.
                    Yes; Production Orders require someone to physically go in to the archive and find the Serial number of the vehicle in question, then physically typed on to the reproduced forms; not something that can be pulled off the shelf.

Decades ago, when these first became available I received one for my '53 Commander. It included all the information, freshly typed on to an original three-part P-O form (apparently they had stacks of blanks from original), as well as a photo copy of the original. Now you receive a single re-typed form.

If you are a friend of the museum, you will receive emails updating their status, as well as special sale offers.

"All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10,
                    '51 Commander Starlight,
                    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
                    X