Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeffry Cassel
    replied
    Yes, once again didn't look closely enough!!!!

Leave a comment:

• packard352
    replied
    Originally posted by studegolfer View Post
    My neighbor saw me working in the garage and sent me this picture. says he has a set of 4 of these hubcaps in great condition and thinks there worth $50, they're not for my car, but if anyone needs them I'll go look at the condition and make him an offer. $50 each seems high to me, but I'm new to Studebaker.
    Subtle changes from the 1956 caps as stated in a previous reply
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• STEWDI
    replied
    They are for 1957 (in '57 there were no 14" Stude rims from the factory) AND for 1958's where 15" rims were used.

In '58, 14" rims were standard on Presidents and Commanders, and 15" rims were standard on Champions and the Scotsman models. Optionally, the rims could be switched either way on any model (except Scotsman, likely). Most of this info is from the Fox/Cannon edition of "Studebaker, the Complete Story".

Leave a comment:

• jetboat
    replied
    Yes,they are 57.

Leave a comment:

• 6hk71400
    replied
    Jeff,

My 56 President Classic that placed 1st in division in Estes Park, Co had NOS 56 wheel covers on it when it was judged. Took them off after judging. The 56 does not have black sections toward the end of the cover.

Bob Miles

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffry Cassel View Post
    1956. Studebaker tried 14" wheels one year only--1958. These are 1956 wheel covers and probably aren't rare enough to fetch $50 unless they are really nice.
    These are 1957, not "1956". 1956 covers are smooth where these have the broken black sections (near the outer edge).
    I agree on the price. When I first saw $50, I thought that it was for the set.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffry Cassel
    replied
    1956. Studebaker tried 14" wheels one year only--1958. These are 1956 wheel covers and probably aren't rare enough to fetch $50 unless they are really nice.

Leave a comment:

• 6hk71400
    replied
    Those are 1957 Wheel Covers Standard on the President Classic and I think also the Golden Hawk and maybe on the 116" President (vice president). Optional on other models. They may have been the 58 15" optional wheel cover but not sure. All my parts books and resources are packed for the upcoming move.

Bob Miles

Leave a comment:

• skyway
    replied
    Looks like the optional 15" covers for 1958?

Leave a comment:

• studegolfer
    replied
    Forgot, he says they're 15"

Leave a comment:

• studegolfer
    started a topic Hubcaps, What do these fit??

Hubcaps, What do these fit??

My neighbor saw me working in the garage and sent me this picture. says he has a set of 4 of these hubcaps in great condition and thinks there worth $50, they're not for my car, but if anyone needs them I'll go look at the condition and make him an offer. $50 each seems high to me, but I'm new to Studebaker.
Working...
X