X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander Eddie
    replied
    Here is the response from Dave. . .

Hi Ed thanks for the info, yes the museum sent me a email saying they were closing, very sad I really liked them and the museum, but the Studebaker National Foundation moved my car (their car now) about 6 months ago to the [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Estrella Warbird Museum in [/COLOR]Paso Robles, CA and will be there for the next 3 years, its only 200 miles from my home so I hope to see it before long, I'm glad Dan's project with Andy is coming along and we hope it will be ready for Bonneville race in September, stay in touch and stay well, take care, Dave
    PS here is my car in the new museum,

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    I just saw this and was shocked. Nobody expects museums to be affected by things like this.

Leave a comment:

• Green 53
    replied
    The Foundation moved the Bloomberg Avanti to the Woodland Auto Display at the Estrella Warbird Museum in Paso Robles, California.

Denny Lockmon
    Board Member

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Yes, it is a shame that it has to close 'permanently'. I've made the visit there a couple of times in the past.

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....eum-on-display

Craig

Leave a comment:

• t walgamuth
    replied
    I got over there recently. I enjoyed it very much!

Leave a comment:

• Commander Eddie
    replied
    That Avanti belonged to Dave Bloomberg (Avanti Kid). He brought it up to the museum from his home in California to display in the American Muscle exhibit. I will try to get hold of him and see if he needs to come get it. I don't believe the Studebaker Museum was planning to move it to its next venue which I believe was to be the Peterson Museum in Los Angeles.
    A real shame about World of Speed. It is a great museum and was a real attraction in our area. They held a Cars and Coffee in the parking lot every Saturday. Its closing will be a blow to the Portland area. Sad.

Follow-up. . . I just sent Dave an e-mail. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Commander Eddie; 05-14-2020, 07:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Avantidon
    started a topic World of Speed Museum

World of Speed Museum

Thought all should see this that was posted on Hemmings this morning:

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/202...ign=2020-05-14

There is a 1963 Avanti on display there placed by the Studebaker National Foundation at least two years ago.

Working...
X