Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dal smilie
    replied
    The host for an upcoming car show added the attached to his site. It captures the times and our M5 Click image for larger version

Name:	64CA2091-E650-442D-B518-C7D5820B794A.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	1835984

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by plee4139 View Post
    In addition, all Studies must stay at least 20 (twenty) feet from all other vehicles. I hope all owners will comply with these new guides so that we can get our cars back on the road.
    Normally on Friday nights, this A&W parking lot is full to overflowing with vintage cars, rods, etc., but much different this year with restaurant dining rooms being closed and events with large gatherings being prohibited. Donny, the proprietor of the local A&W where we have our cruises was more than accomdating for our Studebaker group and gave us each a free beverage for attending, even if we had to use the Drive-thru and eat in the parking lot. Besides us, there were two other vintage cars that also showed up. We may have had a few more Studebakers show up had there not been a 30% chance of rain as the clouds above the building reveal, which it did rain some about an hour later.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• firestoper 25
    replied
    Morning......you always have a positive out look, that is why I always look forward to your posts! And yes, we all can get 'the product' that was built mid Friday afternoon or '1 st thing' Monday morning after super bowl Sunday (ask me how I know that story!). I have a lot of time in the paper industry / marine markets so when someone mentions stainless steel fasteners the thoughts of the newbie summer helper at a local paper mill who took a short cut and did not use anti-seize on ANY of the stainless to stainless threaded connections comes to mind. After he had went back to university he was warmly remembered for several months as the full time crew had to cut apart most of his work as under torque stainless to stainless does not play well with each other. I took the plunge and bought a H.F. Titanium 200 welder (my old standby is a Lincoln 225 buzz box, over 50 years old)...it is one of the new type of hobbyist duty rated product....I understand it even does windows if you get the correct attachments! Several of the gents in our local car club have them and so far everybody seems happy. Also every time I see the tagline picture of your beautiful 55 pick'em-up truck I turn just as green as its color! Its lucky (for our spouses) we do not live closer, just think what could happen if we combined our industrial talents/experience (?), our parts stash, our home based machinery,etc. I bet we could set the Studebaker hobby back for years!! Regards Sherm / Green Bay / 63R1089

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Originally posted by firestoper 25 View Post
    Well jclary we beat the crap out of our Hustler's (at the cemetery) for years and in our application they were as tough as Stude 232's. Yup we had to repair them....but the flogging they took was something else. We converted over to that brand and sold off the others (John Deere, Gravely, Cub Cadet, Ariens and Kubota). Sorry your outcome isn't up to snuff. And when I needed something special the mid-west factory was always willing to help us out....good customer support for OBS equipment. Oh yes, none of my customers complained either! Regards Sherm / Green Bay / 63R1089
    That's OK, Sherm...could be that it's my expectations that are out of whack. I spent a good part of the day replacing the nuts & bolts, and retorquing the ones that hadn't fallen off yet. Several were loose but not missing. It also gave me an opportunity to take a "Studebaker shortcut." Instead of driving 5 miles to a Lowes store, I drove my 55 Studebaker pickup through the country on a two-lane country road to a small-town hardware store 17 miles from home.

Here, it was a somewhat cool perfect spring day and it was a very pleasant drive. I bought some stainless steel replacement bolts, lock nuts, and lock washers just to be sure. In another thread, we have been discussing welding. One of the hydro mount brackets has cracked in two. Due to the nature of the break...it will be a delicate challenge to reweld. So...just to let everyone know how much confidence I have in my welding skill... I confess that I have purchased an entirely new set of mounting brackets for approximately $70 as a backup.

Thanks for your input...your endorsement will calm my attitude (a bit).

Leave a comment:

• firestoper 25
    replied
    Well jclary we beat the crap out of our Hustler's (at the cemetery) for years and in our application they were as tough as Stude 232's. Yup we had to repair them....but the flogging they took was something else. We converted over to that brand and sold off the others (John Deere, Gravely, Cub Cadet, Ariens and Kubota). Sorry your outcome isn't up to snuff. And when I needed something special the mid-west factory was always willing to help us out....good customer support for OBS equipment. Oh yes, none of my customers complained either! Regards Sherm / Green Bay / 63R1089

Leave a comment:

• Commander Eddie
    replied
    John, I appreciate your Mia Culpa. I was kinda thinking your first post did not sound like you. Welcome back to the world the rest of us reside in.

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Well...I felt compelled to come back to the house and make at least one more post in this thread. After my above post, (while wandering around in three acres of the grass I mowed Saturday) ... looking for missing mower nuts, washers, & bolts, my thoughts drifted to this topic. I think the exercise decreased my level of morning caffeine from the coffee and I began to wonder if I offended Peter? Not intentionally, because, being that we are all Studebaker folks, none of us can accuse another of not being just a little bit different.

In fact, my post exposed the craziness of what the isolation is doing to my mind. How quickly I posted it...I will attribute to the DNA I inherited from my dear departed mother. She was the queen of quick comebacks...although interlaced with much more wisdom than I can muster.

Now that I have made this feeble attempt to explain, I will return to the chore of reassembling the over-promoted hyped-up so-called "Super Duty" Hustler mower I purchased. As someone who spent a career selling "Top Of The Line Brand Products"...I have high expectations. Especially, if you're going to give it names like HUSTLER and SUPER DUTY. (The kind of stuff that drives me nuts.)

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Well...at least for the OP...we can see what, due to the pandemic and "unconstitutional made-up safe space rules of unimpressive public officials"...an extended cabin fever period can do to the mind Wonder how long before someone rules that all cars, trucks, busses, and subway cars will be required to wear full vehicle condoms??? And...require them to carry a warning label "Latex-free" non-allergenic, and stating that it is possible that there is a possibility that, in some square-inch part of California, some of the material used in manufacturing them could have caused cancer in a gnat (or two).

Somewhere...in a parallel universe, there must be some caveman whittling out stone tools...laughing his ass off at us super educated (?) high-tech civilized people.

Leave a comment:

• Commander Eddie
    replied
    Hilarious! I must admit I have been driving my Studebakers through all of this. My biggest problem is when I am in a parking lot and folks just can't help coming up to the car to look. They have comments or questions and seem to forget about physical distancing. I have to keep stepping back.
    Peter, I will post the new protocols so I don't forget.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight FitzSimons
    replied
    Can someone good with Photoshop paste a mask on his Studebaker's grille and post that?
    -Dwight

Leave a comment:

• GrumpyOne
    replied
    I must be a scalliwog or somethin' as I've been a-drivin' the Power Hawk regularly all winter and into the spring.

So catch me if you can!

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    We Avanti guys will see you in the rearview mirror if you own a Big Six under those rules.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• plee4139
    started a topic New Covid-19 protocols for our cars.

New Covid-19 protocols for our cars.

This just in: effective immediately, and for the forseeable future, all Studebakers, driven or garaged, must wear masks over their grilles. Also, in accordance with current protocols, all tires must be washed with anti-bacterial soap after driving. In addition, all Studies must stay at least 20 (twenty) feet from all other vehicles. I hope all owners will comply with these new guides so that we can get our cars back on the road. Hopefully, and if these guidelines are followed, we can do a gradual rollout soon. This will be done in alphabetical order according to model name and beginning with the Big Six, and continuing on to to the Wagonaire. We hope to see you on the roads soon, and stay safe!
Working...
X