Car transport services?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car transport services?

Anyone have recommendations of reasonable priced transporter services? I need to have a car brought from Los Angeles California brought to Illinois.
    Mike Sal

I went through eShip to have my yellow and green '54 Commander shipped this past December. They did an ok job... You go in and put your timeline in and they find companies and the companies bid against each other. You can read the review of the companies and see who you are most comfortable with based on their price and ratings. I thought about using them again on "S2D" but decided the car is too nice and so I went through a company that specializes in classic and exotic car transport; Intercity Lines. Intercity Lines, Reliable, Horseless Carriage, and a fourth company all specialize in classic car transport and might be a bit pricier than others but are probably safer if you're shipping a show car. These three are all recommended by Hagerty and the major auction houses and guys like Wayne Carini use them. Hope that helps!

Comment

I highly recommend Glen Holsman at Car Shippers USA 954-857-8191 he's arranged to ship three cars for me, one from the west to east cost and did a great job making the arrangements and following up with all of them. I would not recommend making a choice solely on price. The first car I tried to ship was based on price and after 2 months of missed pickups and failed promises I gave up and connected with Glen he was able to get the car to me across the country in a week delivered to my door. He even coordinated shipping some bulky parts for me.

Comment

Originally posted by JayBird View Post
        I highly recommend Glen Holsman at Car Shippers USA 954-857-8191 he's arranged to ship three cars for me, one from the west to east cost and did a great job making the arrangements and following up with all of them. I would not recommend making a choice solely on price. The first car I tried to ship was based on price and after 2 months of missed pickups and failed promises I gave up and connected with Glen he was able to get the car to me across the country in a week delivered to my door. He even coordinated shipping some bulky parts for me.
        So true......My business has been international and domestic shipping as well as storage of cars for over 40 years and don't be fooled by 3rd party brokers low fee's. In this business you get what you pay for. We own and operate a fleet of carriers, mostly for east coast transport but If you want, please provide the following and would be more then happy to provide a quote for you.

1. PU and delivery zip codes.
        2. Description of car.......is it operable?
        3. Do you want enclosed transport? (obviously more expensive but worth it for high value vehicles)

Good luck,
        Mark

Comment

Mark, sent you a PM with info.
          Mike Sal

Comment

I recommend Venom Classics out of Phoenix. Husband & wife with two car enclosed trailer. Very good and honest. They have transported cars for me to Nebraska and South Carolina. Mary 480-528-4628.

Denny Lockmon

Comment

Hay Mike give me a call 623 432 4379 I maybe headed that way towards the end of the month. Thanks John Kroulik

Comment

Suareazy Transport Inc
                suareazyttransport@yahoo.com
                818-331-2333
                Alex got my Hawk from California to Wisconsin for a good price, he communicated well and often. I wasn’t in a super hurry (and told him so) but he still got it here quickly. I’d totally use his services again. I know some guys on here don’t like Facebook, but that’s how I found him.
                Proud new owner of a 56 Power Hawk!

Comment

I've used Safeway Car Transport in Michigan to deliver two Studebakers to my home. I was very happy with the cost and delivery which was hassle free. The person I dealt with was Mike Newson and the contact phone is 1-800-453-6334. Google for the website for additional information.

Comment

Okay Mike, what did you buy?
                    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                    1961 Hawk 4-speed
                    1967 Avanti
                    1961 Lark 2 door
                    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

...Mo-ILL Chapter wants to KNOW!!

Comment

1957 Nash Ambassador. .....I wanted to have another Orphan brand to add to the herd.

Comment

...and keep the Crosleys company?

Comment

This car has been in 2 big collections over the last 40 years (20 years in a collection in Pennsylvania and 20 years in a collection in California), so it hasn't been started in 20 years. I have to assume that fuel system and brakes are iffy, so I have to have a transporter who can handle a non running car.
                            Mike Sal

Comment

If I can stay on task and sell off some more stuff and cars (sold 3 in the last 3 weeks), I might even find room to add a Packard some day.....

Comment

Working...
                              X