May 2020 Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 2020 Turning Wheels

I have not yet received my May 2020 issue of Turning Wheels (in the Los Angeles area). Has anyone received their's?
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Not here in Oregon either. I was thinking the May issue might be another victim of COVID-19.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Received mine last Sat. 5/2.

Comment

I haven’t got my March issue yet....I am down under tho

Comment

I haven't received mine yet in Washington state, but I know the members in Pennsylvania have received theirs. I'm advertising a car for sale in this issue, and I've already had a few folks from PA call about it.
          Mark L

Comment

To those who have not received their Turning Wheels. In the US the USPS is experiencing many delays in the their sort centers and elsewhere due to the current COVID-19 crisis. Please be patient as it was mailed from the printer on 21 April. It seems that the USPS problems are in the Pacific NW and upper Central US. As for our friends around the world, the same issue is really messing up international distribution of publications. Those issue were mailed on 24 April. I know they will arrive soon, at least I hope so. I receive daily updates on the International mail situation and it is now four (4) pages long.
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

As I sit here sipping coffee and looking at my May 2020 Turning Wheels...let me urge those still waiting to exercise patience. These are strange times indeed and delays are surely compounded by the unprecedented cautions of the pandemic. Our publication has progressed from its humble origins to a very slick top-shelf magazine.

It would make a very lousy substitute for toilet paper...therefore, I believe most of you will receive yours unless it has been temporarily delayed and diverted to some curious postal worker's throne room library.(Ewe) Just make sure to sanitize yours if the plastic mailer seems to have been resealed in someone's kitchen freezer bag sealer appliance.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I know there are also delays in the Canadian postal system as well. So i expect we up north will have it delayed as well.
                Bob
                Bob
                Welland Ontario
                60 Lark Convertible
                64 Daytona
                sigpic
                "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Got ours here in Ontario today
                  sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Every year my parents would take the time to send me a birthday card despite my advancing age. As my birthday approached and I would get the mail each day, there would be some excitement and anticipation, "Will it be here today?" as I unlocked my mailbox. When I didn't find a card among the bills and junk mail, I would feel a little dejected.

In the scheme of things, Turning Wheels is not as important as birthday cards from my parents. Because it is such a quality publication, I do look forward to receiving each issue. When it's not in the mailbox, it is something I notice.
                    Mark L

Comment

Have faith folks as it will arrive when the postal folks decide to feed the pigeons. Honestly, THANK YOU for all of the kind words concerning our beloved Turning Wheels. The credit goes to Ann Turner and her team of dedicated helpers. Please Thank them.
                      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Mine came late on May 7 in Ontario.
                        Bob
                        Bob
                        Welland Ontario
                        60 Lark Convertible
                        64 Daytona
                        sigpic
                        "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Not here in FL yet.
                          78 Avanti RQB 2792
                          64 Avanti R1 R5408
                          63 Avanti R1 R4551
                          63 Avanti R1 R2281
                          62 GT Hawk V15949
                          56 GH 6032504
                          56 GH 6032588
                          55 Speedster 7160047
                          55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

Ours came in Ontario on May 7th

Stu Chapman

Comment

Still not here in SOCAL.
                              Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                              '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                              '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                              '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Working...
                              X