Small world in the old car hobby.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small world in the old car hobby.

Joe and I ended up getting a Hudson Hollywood along with some Studebakers he bought from an estate. I was given the task of selling the Hudson and related parts and, because of 41 Frank's suggestion, I joined the Hudson group on Facebook. Pictures of the car were shared and a buyer located in Oregon. Then because of the COVID19 the deal fell through.
    Somehow the post about the car and parts got active on Facebook again and I was contacted by a man in Massachusetts. He wanted to come through here on his way back from Arizona and buy everything. Last night I called him to firm up the arrangements to meet and we talked cars.
    I mentioned that a man here had an early Hudson that he had raced in the Great American Race and the buyer asked me if I had heard of the race they had on the beach in New Jersey. I said yes and I was building a 1/25th scale model of a Studebaker Champion powered car that a man from Indiana had built and raced. He told me that he was very familiar with the beautiful car and his car was the one that beat it! He wants to see my model when he comes through here next week.
    We were talking about his Hudson powered car and he said it had a T-86 with a top shifter that a Studebaker guy helped him figure out. The guy is Gary Ash! Small world.
    His car is next to the Champion car in the pictures.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_72661.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	1833549Click image for larger version

Name:	95538721_10217827094652609_9023941088800407552_n.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1833550
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Really exciting! Stay safe.
    Bill

Comment

I look forward to showing him my model, but I really wanted to take it to Chattanooga for the IM. Now I see there won't be one this year.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
      X