Another Insult to Studebaker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Insult to Studebaker...

Got an email from Hagerty regarding, (their choice of), the coolest cars named after animals and yup, not a mention of the famed Golden Hawks!

Now I'm insulted!!

Worse... Even though I am/was a member of the "community," logged in etc. still could not post anything about my unhappiness.

Don't let 'em get away with this atrocity...

https://www.hagerty.com/media/hagert...letter_Weekend

Last edited by GrumpyOne; 05-02-2020, 06:34 AM.

They were chosen by the Hagerty Community, so it was a popularity contest, not an evaluation by experts. I would expect the big three to carry the weight.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Haha they also forgot the Dodge Viper and the corvette stingray among others. The cougar and impala? Umm no.

Comment

I pay absolutely no attention to crap articles like that. Some idiot writer was given a job, and he did the minimum to get his attaboy.
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I put up a comment, asking about "Studebaker Hawk"..
          -Matt

1963 GT Hawk
          1960 Metropolitan Convertible
          1972 AMC Javelin/ AMX
          1956 Cushman Eagle

Comment

The vast majority of people could care less about Studebaker. Even in their best post war sales year I doubt they captured more than 2% of the market. It has now been over 54 years since one was produced and the name has faded into obscurity.

Comment

The only way such things can be an insult is for those who perceive the comments as coming from someone of importance. I refuse to elevate them to such high regard. It is their opinion, but how you receive it is completely up to you...your choice. I spent six years restoring my Business Coupe. I had a co-worker who I had the highest regard for his technical expertise in his field of endeavor. While working on a project together, I drove the coupe to the Jobsite one morning.

Upon seeing the car, his first comment was, "That's the ugliest car I have ever seen!" My reply (to this short little runt) was now I know why you are always armed, she left you, and you eat all your meals at the Waffle House! No further car discussion ensued. And we continued to work successfully together for years.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Studebaker had 4% of the market about 1950. Roughly close to Mazda in the US fairly recently.
                Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Originally posted by STEWDI View Post
                  Studebaker had 4% of the market about 1950. Roughly close to Mazda in the US fairly recently.
                  Passenger car production for calendar year 1950 ranked ninth (268,099 cars [344,164 cars for 1950 model year]).

I like the looks of newer Mazdas and they seem to have a very good paint finish. There is an active dealer about six miles away. I would not buy a new one. I do not know how Mazda is hanging on in the USA.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                    I like the looks of newer Mazdas and they seem to have a very good paint finish. There is an active dealer about six miles away. I would not buy a new one. I do not know how Mazda is hanging on in the USA.
                    I don't think Mitsubishi's market share in North America is any better.

Craig

Comment

Since Hyundai and Kia have underpriced, matched quality, and beat their warranty, all the weaker ones like those two have just died on the vine, Nissan was right behind them until recently.

Of course NO ONE will ever catch Toyota and Honda, they have had their roots deeply into the U.S. for too long.
                      Last edited by StudeRich; 05-05-2020, 02:24 PM.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I don't believe the name Golden Hawk faded into obscurity. Didn't Jeep use the name sometime in the '80's on a jazzed up CJ?

Comment

Well...if there was a Jeep named Golden Hawk...In my house, it certainly is obscure, because that is news to me.
                          John Clary
                          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Well... Here is one for your books. Have a great day.

https://www.google.ca/search?source=...4dUDCAg&uact=5

Comment

Originally posted by StudeNorm View Post
                              I don't believe the name Golden Hawk faded into obscurity. Didn't Jeep use the name sometime in the '80's on a jazzed up CJ?
                              Yes, Golden Hawk was a package on Jeeps for the 1980 model year. The VIN decodes as a Golden Eagle.
                              Buick had a Sky Hawk.

EDIT: StudeNorm and I were "typing" at the same time.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                              X