Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blast From the Past... Omaha, 2006

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blast From the Past... Omaha, 2006

    Came across these pics of David Neitzel at the Omaha meet. What a guy... he was a pleasure to visit with! When I grow up, I'd like to be like him. Maybe by the time I'm at this age, my Studebaker will have weathered like his.
    Last edited by Studedude; 05-01-2020, 02:59 PM.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

  • #2
    Looks like David, and the car, put on a great display. The car, just as it is, looks awesome! Thanks for sharing that.

    Comment


    • #3
      Click image for larger version

Name:	81de.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1833238

      It was a well run, well attended, fun meet for sure. Here are a couple of hundred pics from that meet including more of David...

      https://s149.photobucket.com/user/dd...?sort=3&page=1
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

      Comment


      • #4
        Click image for larger version

Name:	10f3.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	1833291
        Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
        It was a well run, well attended, fun meet for sure. Here are a couple of hundred pics from that meet including more of David...
        Yes, it was! Thanks for the walk down memory lane, Dick... we had a good time... hope to do it again!

        Remember, we had to pick up Bob at the airport in something with a Stude engine? Click image for larger version

Name:	6141.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1833292
        Last edited by Studedude; 05-01-2020, 12:57 PM.
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

        Comment


        • #5
          It was indeed. I do remember David Neitzel, his car, and his uniform. And I think it was the first time I met you two guys (and your cars), too.
          Skip Lackie

          Comment


          • #6
            We certainly enjoyed having all you guys here at our meet. It was a lot of work but all worth it in the end.
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

            Comment


            • #7
              S2D is the best looking Studebaker I have ever seen! It is absolutely stunning. But I guess I am a touch biased 😁
              Last edited by J_Cole; 05-02-2020, 07:44 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Remember that meet! Great time! David Neitzel was there talking about his car every day. What a guy!
                sigpic
                Claude Chmielewski
                Studeski
                http://www.studeski.com
                Fillmore, Wisconsin
                47 M-16 Truck
                53 Commander Regal HT
                53 2R5
                60 Lark VIII Convertible
                60 5E7 Champ pickup
                62 5E7 Champ no box
                62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                63 Lark VI parts car
                63 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
                64 Commander Wagonaire
                64 Daytona Convertible
                50 Champion Regal (parts car)
                36 Dictator
                36 Dictator in pieces

                Comment


                • #9
                  I was at the Omaha meet as well. I remember riding with Dave in his gorgeous red coupe on the road course at the drag strip in Council Bluffs. That was a great time!
                  It also was a good time because I got to spend time with my Uncle Richard (those from the area knew him as Dick Orr) with the two of us enjoying looking at all really great Studebakers on hand. For those who don't know my green '65 Cruiser was purchased new by him.
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                    It was indeed. I do remember David Neitzel, his car, and his uniform. And I think it was the first time I met you two guys (and your cars), too.
                    Yep, that was the first time we met. Enjoyed getting to know ya!
                    sigpic
                    Dave Lester

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
                      We certainly enjoyed having all you guys here at our meet. It was a lot of work but all worth it in the end.
                      You guys did an excellent job, Frank. And, it's been a pleasure knowing and doing business with you since then.
                      sigpic
                      Dave Lester

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                        I was at the Omaha meet as well. I remember riding with Dave in his gorgeous red coupe on the road course at the drag strip in Council Bluffs. That was a great time!
                        I remember that ride well, Joe! I was really temped to challenge the course, and blow some doors off, but didn't want us to get kicked off of it!

                        sigpic
                        Dave Lester

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                          Yes, it was! Thanks for the walk down memory lane, Dick... we had a good time... hope to do it again!
                          Well, MOST of it was fun. Sheba embarrassing S2D on the drag strip wasn't THAT much fun.

                          Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                          Remember, we had to pick up Bob at the airport in something with a Stude engine?
                          Yea...I think that was an M5 motor that Fred Cook picked up either in Omaha or Sheridan. The truck is my buddy Jim Carter's big Ford diesel. Jim, Fred and I towed S2D from Washington to Sheridan for their zone meet, then on to Omaha.
                          Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                            Well, MOST of it was fun. Sheba embarrassing S2D on the drag strip wasn't THAT much fun.
                            WAS, Too!!
                            sigpic
                            Dave Lester

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Dick Steinkamp if you’re ever in the DC area look me up and you can take her out for a drive πŸ˜€ t minus 3 weeks πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X