Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudeRich
    replied
    Well Don, I am sure Glad it refers to Facebook Studebaker Addicts and NOT here, because all that bickering that I HEAR caused a New Studebaker Page to be created for the Modified crowd , doesn't happen here anymore, we got over that and MAYBE those are the ones who left here!

When you consider all the GOOD that is accomplished here, against a few Posts by a few who have differing opinions now and then, than others; it is NOTHING!

Sorry to see you go Don, Please seriously reconsider that thought. I do not believe any of your Cars are heavily Modified, so you should not have a problem HERE.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 04-28-2020, 09:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 55s
    replied
    I am sorry to hear that. Yes, we can and should get along.

In every organization, there is always a small percentage of **** disturbers and rule breakers. It is how you react to the **** disturbers that makes the difference. Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, and ban them from further discussions if required.

If you are insulted, it should be like water off the duck, as long as you are not throwing unnecessary insults. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I would like to think that all topics should be fodder for an interesting discussion. (including politics and religion) Unfortunately, there are a few persons that make these topics forbidden, and I understand why, and I totally understand why some people's off-handed comments may need to be censored.

Respect is expected and required.

(original post by ddub modified)
    Last edited by 55s; 05-01-2020, 06:56 PM. Reason: Last sentence added

Leave a comment:

• ddub
    started a topic Can't we all just get along? Revised.

Can't we all just get along? Revised.

It is not only on this forum. Here is a quote from the Studebaker Addicts Facebook page. (Not my words)

"Here’s the deal, I joined this site to enjoy and share Studebaker talk, not to listen to a bunch of bickering. I learn all i can from every element of the Studebaker Community, and i like all of the cars - original and modded. My 1950 is mechanically and for the most part restored to physically original (paint color, interior). But...i did make it my own by changing the wheel covers, adding a small, tasteful amount of pinstripe and my own hand-moulded visor, nothing that can’t be undone... You know its a Stude coming down the road, but it is in its own way it is uniquely mine. That’s what makes me happy. I have a great deal of respect for the restorers of factory original & show quality cars. But i also find the engineering of the folks who modify their cars fascinating. Both are craftsmen in their own realm. So I’m having a hard time understanding the bickering going on here, and beyond this posting, am not going to waste my time or my car on this site."

I share the above because I have seen posts on this forum saying someone is leaving the forum for Facebook because people here are intolerant of modified cars. Seems there may be some intolerance on FB as well. Some one famous once said "Your car, your money, your decision."
    Last edited by ddub; 04-29-2020, 09:08 AM.
Working...
X