Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studeclunker
    replied
    Eddie, I must confess to being in love with your truck!My '56 Parkview gets a lot of attention. I am considering though adding the diagonal Studebaker script to the tailgate.
    Last edited by studeclunker; 05-01-2020, 02:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Al from Eatonville
    replied
    Whenever I have driven my '53 Commander Coupe, I get the same attention. Most folks out there have never seen a Studebaker - of any kind. Your Champ is a diamond in a world of coal.

Leave a comment:

• BRUCESTUDE
    replied
    Today when I took the Lark to Costco for gas, I had a Subaru Outback tailgating me, then in my right side blind spot.....Argggggh! When I hit the left turn lane they passed by with their horn honking and a big thumbs up; sometimes it takes me a bit to relax and remember I’m driving something unique and folks sometimes get close so they can get a better look!

Leave a comment:

• STEWDI
    replied
    Nice! And a shortbox, too!
    l have a '61 black longbox that l finally got reliable again 2 years ago.
    Wish l had a nickel for every time someone told me that they didn't know Studebaker made trucks!

Congrats again!

Leave a comment:

• ChampCouple
    replied
    Originally posted by 259Champ View Post
    Power King Super Traction 7.00-15 . I had them sitting around and the 20 year old Michelins on it were scary .
    Thanks, I think they look good on your Champ.

Leave a comment:

• 259Champ
    replied
    Power King Super Traction 7.00-15 . I had them sitting around and the 20 year old Michelins on it were scary .

Leave a comment:

• ChampCouple
    replied
    I hope to slowly straighten it out while driving and enjoying it .
    What tires do you have on that Champ?

Mike

Leave a comment:

• jetboat
    replied
    That also is a great looking truck.

Leave a comment:

• 259Champ
    replied
    That is a nice looking truck . Great color . I hope mine looks that good someday . Here is what mine looks like today . It has a 259 and an automatic . It was originally a manual trans . The original seat is gone and a split bench from an older Ranger or Bronco II has been substituted . The heater box is no longer under the hood and an under dash AC/heater is installed (poorly) . I hope to slowly straighten it out while driving and enjoying it .
    Last edited by 259Champ; 04-27-2020, 05:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jts359
    replied
    Our Champ is in a museum in N.J. We put it there in the first week of March and about a week later the museum closed due to covid 19. So I guess not to many people got admire it , We are to get it back during the first week of May , Ed

Leave a comment:

• Commander Eddie
    replied
    Originally posted by ChampCouple View Post

Maybe after the virus thing is over, we could come see your Champ sometime? Looks good!
    Mike
    I would love to get together. Can't wait. I'm in Dundee.
    Champ drivers, UNITE!

Leave a comment:

• ChampCouple
    replied
    Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
    Yup. And expect that every time you drive it. It looks like I have the same truck and the same experience. Here is mine.
    Maybe after the virus thing is over, we could come see your Champ sometime? Looks good!
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• S2Deluxe
    replied
    Everybody notices, a Studebaker, I sure do, I just don't see them, often enough!

Mark

Leave a comment:

• ChampCouple
    replied
    Yesterday I got to drive my Champ for the first time . I drove it home last night snd back to work today . On the short 8 mile drive , even in the reduced traffic of the forced closure , i had several people rubbernecking . To day it was parked in front of my shop and 4 different people pulled in to admire it . A couple of them snapped some pictures and one guy said he didn't know the Studebaker made trucks . It really drew a lot of attention .
    Very cool about your first drive in the Champ. And very cool all the admirers too.
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• Commander Eddie
    replied
    Yup. And expect that every time you drive it. It looks like I have the same truck and the same experience. Here is mine.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1405.JPG
Views:	354
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	1832654

Leave a comment:

Working...
X