Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker admirers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Studebaker admirers

    Yesterday I got to drive my Champ for the first time . I drove it home last night snd back to work today . On the short 8 mile drive , even in the reduced traffic of the forced closure , i had several people rubbernecking . To day it was parked in front of my shop and 4 different people pulled in to admire it . A couple of them snapped some pictures and one guy said he didn't know the Studebaker made trucks . It really drew a lot of attention .

    The guy I bought it from sold it to me at a really good deal because he knew I would treat it well and keep it Studebaker . I have more work to do to it , but it is enjoyable to have something a little different .

  • #2
    Yup. And expect that every time you drive it. It looks like I have the same truck and the same experience. Here is mine.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1405.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	1832654
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

    Sol Lucet Omnibus

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 259Champ View Post
      Yesterday I got to drive my Champ for the first time . I drove it home last night snd back to work today . On the short 8 mile drive , even in the reduced traffic of the forced closure , i had several people rubbernecking . To day it was parked in front of my shop and 4 different people pulled in to admire it . A couple of them snapped some pictures and one guy said he didn't know the Studebaker made trucks . It really drew a lot of attention .
      Very cool about your first drive in the Champ. And very cool all the admirers too.
      Mike

      Mike and Dawn

      '61 Champ

      Comment


      • #4
        Everybody notices, a Studebaker, I sure do, I just don't see them, often enough!

        Mark
        sigpic

        S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
          Yup. And expect that every time you drive it. It looks like I have the same truck and the same experience. Here is mine.
          Maybe after the virus thing is over, we could come see your Champ sometime? Looks good!
          Mike

          Mike and Dawn

          '61 Champ

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ChampCouple View Post

            Maybe after the virus thing is over, we could come see your Champ sometime? Looks good!
            Mike
            I would love to get together. Can't wait. I'm in Dundee.
            Champ drivers, UNITE!
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

            Sol Lucet Omnibus

            Comment


            • #7
              Our Champ is in a museum in N.J. We put it there in the first week of March and about a week later the museum closed due to covid 19. So I guess not to many people got admire it , We are to get it back during the first week of May , Ed

              Comment


              • #8
                That is a nice looking truck . Great color . I hope mine looks that good someday . Here is what mine looks like today . It has a 259 and an automatic . It was originally a manual trans . The original seat is gone and a split bench from an older Ranger or Bronco II has been substituted . The heater box is no longer under the hood and an under dash AC/heater is installed (poorly) . I hope to slowly straighten it out while driving and enjoying it .
                Last edited by 259Champ; 04-27-2020, 05:26 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  That also is a great looking truck.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 259Champ View Post
                    I hope to slowly straighten it out while driving and enjoying it .
                    What tires do you have on that Champ?

                    Mike

                    Mike and Dawn

                    '61 Champ

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Power King Super Traction 7.00-15 . I had them sitting around and the 20 year old Michelins on it were scary .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 259Champ View Post
                        Power King Super Traction 7.00-15 . I had them sitting around and the 20 year old Michelins on it were scary .
                        Thanks, I think they look good on your Champ.
                        Mike and Dawn

                        '61 Champ

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Nice! And a shortbox, too!
                          l have a '61 black longbox that l finally got reliable again 2 years ago.
                          Wish l had a nickel for every time someone told me that they didn't know Studebaker made trucks!

                          Congrats again!
                          Roger Hill


                          60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                          61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                          Junior Wagon - "Junior"

                          "In the end, dear undertaker,
                          Ride me in a Studebaker"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Today when I took the Lark to Costco for gas, I had a Subaru Outback tailgating me, then in my right side blind spot.....Argggggh! When I hit the left turn lane they passed by with their horn honking and a big thumbs up; sometimes it takes me a bit to relax and remember I’m driving something unique and folks sometimes get close so they can get a better look!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Whenever I have driven my '53 Commander Coupe, I get the same attention. Most folks out there have never seen a Studebaker - of any kind. Your Champ is a diamond in a world of coal.
                              Studebaker! If you're lucky enough to own one, you're lucky enough!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X