Front opening hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front opening hood

Does anyone know ofplans or kit for front opening hood on 53 commander? Thanks

Jerry Forrester (Forrester's Chrome For The Street) has done several....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Forre...04352632965113
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Every one I’ve ever seen was front opening. If you mean rear opening, Tom Rautio did one of the best ones I’ve ever seen. He used to be on this forum. Did a great tutorial on converting a Studebaker to a five speed manual also. Very talented guy, just got sick of critics constantly nitpicking him here. If somebody can remember his forum name, you might be able to look up his conversion.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
        Tom Rautio did one of the best ones I’ve ever seen.
        Let's ping him: sbca96 ! He's still here, and in fact checked in a couple weeks back. Maybe he'll see this and chime in.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Guess I worded that wrong. It should be front tilt rear opening

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post

Let's ping him: sbca96 ! He's still here, and in fact checked in a couple weeks back. Maybe he'll see this and chime in.
            Not a '53, but here 'tis:

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....erse-open-hood
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Great find, Dave, thanks for doing it. I’m glad the pictures are still valid as well. I can’t believe that thread is 13 years old already :/
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                I can’t believe that thread is 13 years old already :/
                Still it's not as old as our Studebakers, or the vast majority of us either! Sorry, maybe I shouldn't be mentioning that?

Mark

sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Jerry Forrester's art work:

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....-s-hood-hinges

https://studebaker-info.org/Tech/Bod...JFroh0716.html
                  Last edited by Studedude; 05-09-2020, 08:00 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post
                    Still it's not as old as our Studebakers, or the vast majority of us either! Sorry, maybe I shouldn't be mentioning that.
                    This proves many threads here still have relevance and excellent information regardless how many years ago they were posted.

Craig

Comment

The best front tilt hood I ever saw was Bernie Concord 57 Hawk on you tube

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

This proves many threads here still have relevance and excellent information regardless how many years ago they were posted.

Craig
                        Very well articulated, Sir. And nobody else, comes up with them, as well as you do!

Mark
                        Last edited by S2Deluxe; 05-09-2020, 11:34 PM.
                        sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Hey all,

Yes I'm still around and lurking in the shadows.

Thanks for the mention.

There are many ways to do a reverse open, mine is probably one of the more well known, maybe one of the first publicly shared and I'm betting one if the least expensive to do!! I've seen more elaborate ones, which are very cool too. Whatever gets the job done right?

The Hawk is easier to do than a '53, though I believe I've seen it done.

I don't have a C/K anymore, I've moved on to the Avanti money pits.

Tom
                          '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                          Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                          I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Working...
                          X