1942 Champion Models - Custom Trim Double-Dater Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1942 Champion Models - Custom Trim Double-Dater Coupe

From that I have been able to find on the Internet, the Champion came in Custom and Deluxstyle trim and included a Coupe, Double-Dater Coupe, Club Sedan, and Cruising Sedan. However, I have not been able to find the Double-Dater in any sales lit or brochure in Custom trim. My question is "Was the Champion Double-dater coupe offered in Custom trim?"

Researching the Studebaker Champion from 1939 - 1958, but currently stuck in Texas and far away from my normal library of reference material.

According to "Studebaker Cars" by J.H.Maloney the 1942 Double Dater top of the line was Champion Double Dater.It sold for $845. The Custom model sold for $810.
    The stainless trim beneath the window line was the distinguishing feature.

Comment

Originally posted by lt1 HAWK View Post
      According to "Studebaker Cars" by J.H.Maloney the 1942 Double Dater top of the line was Champion Double Dater.It sold for $845. The Custom model sold for $810.
      The stainless trim beneath the window line was the distinguishing feature.
      Those two prices reflect the cost of a Custom Coupe and Deluxstyle Coupe according to the Classic Car Database. I found two sources indicating that there were four models for 1942 Champion's in two trim levels (Custom & Deluxstyle). However all none of the Studebaker Sales Brochures shows or lists a Custom Double-Dater Coupe, leading me to wonder if they were actually offered. I was hoping for a Studebaker source for verification one way or the other. I have the book you mention at home (not here in Texas).

Comment

Working...
      X