No announcement yet.

Anyone Getting Out To Buy Cars??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a '41 Lincoln Continental early march and had it delivered last Saturday. Been looking for the right one for 20 years. Hope none of my Studes are upset that it's parked in a garage with some of them. I'll probably find out when I go to start one and it balks.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
      Bought a '41 Lincoln Continental early march and had it delivered last Saturday. Been looking for the right one for 20 years. Hope none of my Studes are upset that it's parked in a garage with some of them. I'll probably find out when I go to start one and it balks.
      Sounds exciting Randy! How 'bout a few pics. If it has one of those flathead V-12 engines...I'd really like a pic of that!
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        Just wear Gloves and a Mask, no worse than picking up your Dinner to Go.

But I am sure Car Sales are down like everything, even though we have more time to drool over stuff!
        Have just seen the headline on Automotive News Europe that VW Group is anticipating Q1 sales to be down by 81%. Meanwhile, Germany is allowing auto retailers to open up again to stave off mass bankruptcies.

While appreciate this relates to mostly new car sales instead of classic cars in Europe, I would imagine the sentiments of people being cautious would pretty much synonymous around the world- time will tell.
        Richard
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
          I think you just committed a serious foul. Pictures or it doesn't count.

Comment

I think that the Studebakers will accept their new sibling, as long as you don't play favors, like premium fuel for the Lincoln, extra washing and waxing, and more drive time. Just keep it fair. Congrats on the new car!
            Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0426.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	1830586Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0427.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1830587Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0420.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1830588Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0431(2).JPG
Views:	169
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1830589Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0429.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1830590Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0426.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	1830591Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0427.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1830592Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0420.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1830593Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0431(2).JPG
Views:	195
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1830594
              Attached Files

Comment

Randy,

Did you buy it locally? It looks familiar but I'm not sure. This is my kind of car, love it. Do I get a ride? For folks that don't know Randy that well, his middle name should be Lincoln. What do the kids think about it? There was a 41 convertible being kicked around the AACA forum several months ago. It was a great opportunity, I really considered it, but out of room.

I've enjoyed reading about peoples' purchase of newer cars. I don't own anything newer then about twenty five years old, so this is vicarious enjoyment for me. I've lived in my own little world of cars, with a limited appeal for so long, that when a car to my liking showed up I've had little competition for it. So for fifteen years it's been fun, but my supply of good western Ford Thunderbirds and Lincoln Mark Vlll's is about dried up. I may have to step into the 21st century, I'd love a Tesla S but they are too rich for my blood. Might have to look for a Chrysler 300, or maybe a Genesis. Ah what the hell maybe just buy another Studebaker and call it good!

Thanks for sharing your experiences, it's been a good read.

Bill

Comment

Randy,
                  Is that the same vintage Lincoln as Sonny Corleone drove in The Godfather?

Comment

Looks so good Randy, I was wondering if you were over there with it. Congrats !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hallabutt View Post
                      /Cut/ For folks that don't know Randy that well, his middle name should be Lincoln./Cut/
                      Thanks for sharing your experiences, it's been a good read.
                      Bill
                      Well Bill, if Lincolns and Continentals are his "thing", Randy HAS to have a GT Hawk!
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Don't worry Rich he has one of those too.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(3).JPG
Views:	106
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1830790

Comment

Randy, I finally got my Turning Wheels, your cars look great ! Double congrats pal !

Comment

AutoMart in Ocala, Florida on Saturday. Daughter and I picked her up a nice little 2018 Ford Ecosport for about $650.00 over wholesale. I was really surprised, but I suppose car sales are tanking, also. In and out in under 3 hours. No fuss, no muss, no haggling. Simple offer, simple deal.

We both wore mask and gloves. Only two other persons even had a mask on and it was only over their mouth. They kept taking it off to talk???? The salesman helping them finally went to another table and got one of their make shift plexi glass shields and put it on the table between him and them. They still didn't get the hint.

Bo

Comment

Working...
                              X