X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry Hunts 53 Studebaker

on the salt the guam bomb (scroll down page 810
    http://books.google.com/books?id=ynP...result#PPP1,M1

Sure looks better than the first time he brought it out to shake it down....all mismatched panels and various colors of primer...
    Jeff[8D]

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Sure looks better than the first time he brought it out to shake it down....all mismatched panels and various colors of primer...
      Jeff[8D]

I have been searching the island for an urban legend stude. One of the stories is that the car (named the guam Bomb) was shipped off island and was racing on the flats. So i dogpiled and Googled it and found this picture and some speed trail records that said it went 205+. Was hoping i could find the story on it but alas just the pic and run list. I think it would be great if all the bonnie studes were done up in a book. The good the bad and the used to be's

Comment

Here's what I had...

(and here's from that book website...)

Quite a change, huh?
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by bridgegaurd
        I have been searching the island for an urban legend stude. One of the stories is that the car (named the guam Bomb) was shipped off island and was racing on the flats. So i dogpiled and Googled it and found this picture and some speed trail records that said it went 205+. Was hoping i could find the story on it but alas just the pic and run list. I think it would be great if all the bonnie studes were done up in a book. The good the bad and the used to be's

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Here's the other Terry Hunt pic I had...
          I thought at first it was a hood ornament sculpture deal, but it is a legit picture of (a) Terry Hunt...and who? (challenge!)

Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by bridgegaurd
          [/quote]

Jeff

Comment

Is that Rita Hayworth? Looks kinda like her...Man, she sure had it going on, didn't she?

1963 Lark Custom, 259 V8, TT, 4 doors, 2 tone paint, and garaged for the winter...I can't wait til spring!!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by tutone63

Rita Hayworth
              FTW!

(um... that means "For the Win" these days, my nephews tell me...)

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
              In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
              If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

Bingo!
                (I knew it couldn't take long with this crowd[|)])
                Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by tutone63

Is that Rita Hayworth? Looks kinda like her...Man, she sure had it going on, didn't she?

1963 Lark Custom, 259 V8, TT, 4 doors, 2 tone paint, and garaged for the winter...I can't wait til spring!!

Jeff

Comment

[quote]quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Here's what I had...

Quite a change, huh?
                  Jeff[8D]

Originally posted by bridgegaurd
                  I have been searching the island for an urban legend stude. One of the stories is that the car (named the guam Bomb) was shipped off island and was racing on the flats.
                  Thanks i'll take the pictures to work tomorrow and see if anyone recognize's him or the car (prior to the mods). If it is the one that will put that one to bed. And i can look for the Stude Hawk and the 1 Pakard Hawk that is rumored to be in a garage somewhere on the island. But may have been to Siapan or the Phillipines.

All i've been able to find here so far is the last Studebaker truck on the island.

Comment

[quote]quote:Originally posted by bridgegaurd

Here's what I had...

Quite a change, huh?
                    Jeff[8D]

Originally posted by bridgegaurd
                    I have been searching the island for an urban legend stude. One of the stories is that the car (named the guam Bomb) was shipped off island and was racing on the flats.
                    Thanks i'll take the pictures to work tomorrow and see if anyone recognize's him or the car (prior to the mods). If it is the one that will put that one to bed. And i can look for the Stude Hawk and the 1 Pakard Hawk that is rumored to be in a garage somewhere on the island. But may have been to Siapan or the Phillipines.

All i've been able to find here so far is the last Studebaker truck on the island.
                    There are four Studebaker Hawks and one Transtar listed in the 2008-2009 SDC Roster as being in HI, but no Packard Hawk. There are probably as many in HI that are not in the Roster as are in it, among the 13 SDC members.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Here's what I had...

Somewhere in a box are all my pix from the 1998 SpeedWeeks event when I attended for eight days.
                      One of those pix is Terry Hunt's Stude in that dog-eared configuration.
                      It looks much nicer since he painted it blue.

Chris Pile
                      Midway Chapter SDC
                      The Studebaker Special
                      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Here's what I had...
                        Quite a change, huh?
                        Jeff[8D]

Here's what i have so far.
                        First everybody over 40 remebers Terry Hunt.
                        They all know he went on to race at Bonnaville.
                        They all know he was married to Rose who is still on Guam.
                        Two think this is the stude he had here on Guam.
                        There is argument about him being or not being a pilot
                        The other Terry Hunt is still on Guam
                        The car was owned ny someone else before him and was one of three on the island (by shape not by coupe,Hawk, etc)
                        They were all bought at one of two studebaker dealers.
                        So far i have the beginning of a story on one dealer, but thats astory waiting for the rest of the facts.

More later

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

quote:Here's what I had...

Somewhere in a box are all my pix from the 1998 SpeedWeeks event when I attended for eight days.
                          One of those pix is Terry Hunt's Stude in that dog-eared configuration.
                          It looks much nicer since he painted it blue.

Chris Pile
                          Midway Chapter SDC
                          The Studebaker Special
                          Still going through the legends and rumors here on Guam. So my next question is does this car still run. And is Terry Hunt still driving it. If so doe's anyone know how i can contact him, i'm trying to write a story about the ghost studebaker of Guam. I pretty much believe this car is it.

I can't do much moe real research here until the libary re-opens and so far it looks like i may be gone by then.

Comment

Have you tried posting a query on landracing.com?

Chris Pile
                            Midway Chapter SDC
                            The Studebaker Special
                            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I had a 54 Champion in Hawaii in 1960. Wonder if it's still around.

Comment

Working...
                              X