Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for any info, ad or pics of Studebaker from Mexico for preserve the History...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for any info, ad or pics of Studebaker from Mexico for preserve the History...

Hello, we are trying to make a book with the history of Studebaker de México ...
    In the 50 Studebaker Corporation expanded its operations among many other countries to Mexico, and operated an assembly plant for cars manufactured in South Bend, which were sent unarmed to Mexico for assembly and marketing ... If you have any information about it and/or Pics or any advertisment, please contact us to expand the little information that exists about it ...
    Any contribution will be greatly appreciated and will have their respective credits in the publication ...
    Thanks in advance.

I believe there is a photo of the plant in the '100 Years on the Road' publication of the plant in Mexico, as well as 'Studebaker News'

Post #8 here:
    https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....lant-post-card

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      I believe there is a photo of the plant in the '100 Years on the Road' publication of the plant in Mexico, as well as 'Studebaker News'

Post #8 here:
      https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....lant-post-card

Craig
      Thank you, I already checked the post card, but the postage is from Israel (as far as I know Studebaker partnered with the Kaiser-Frazer Plant in Haifa, Israel, and assembled roughly 5,000 vehicles in the Middle East ...), but thanks anyway, it's an interesting photo to save ... I am also looking for the "100 years on the road", thanks for the info...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	62 Mexico.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	1829848 Here is one.
        Attached Files
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

Name:	Mexico 51.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1829851 .....and another in Baja Sur.
          Attached Files
          Lou Van Anne
          62 Champ
          64 R2 GT Hawk
          79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by GH57 View Post
            Thank you, I already checked the post card, but the postage is from Israel (as far as I know Studebaker partnered with the Kaiser-Frazer Plant in Haifa, Israel, and assembled roughly 5,000 vehicles in the Middle East ...), but thanks anyway, it's an interesting photo to save .
            As I said, scroll down to post #8 in that thread, and tell us what you see.

Craig

Comment

Actually Studebaker began assembling cars in Mexico as early as 1939. I have documentation on the plant in my files.
              Richard Quinn
              Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post

Name:	62 Mexico.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	1829848 Here is one.
                Where is this one? do you have the year when the pic was taken?

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post

Name:	Mexico 51.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1829851 .....and another in Baja Sur.
                  Wow! In Baja! Great... Do you have the date of this Pic?, and did you remember where in Baja was?... it will be nice go there and see if still exist (Baja have a dryer weather than California.... Perhaps still exist.... (Also there is no car crush!))

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

As I said, scroll down to post #8 in that thread, and tell us what you see.

Craig

Oh Yes... is the 1953 Model Launch... And a Pic from the Mexican Workers and the plant.... Great!... Do you have an original print perhaps?... otherway, thanks a lot, i know what to search now... Thanks!... if i can finish this project, i will send you a copy!

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                      Actually Studebaker began assembling cars in Mexico as early as 1939. I have documentation on the plant in my files.
                      Hi... this is great news!... how can i contact you? Thanks a lot!

Comment

Where is this one? do you have the year when the pic was taken?
                        Lazaro Cadenes, around 2000
                        Lou Van Anne
                        62 Champ
                        64 R2 GT Hawk
                        79 Avanti II

Comment

Oh Yes... is the 1953 Model Launch... And a Pic from the Mexican Workers and the plant.... Great!... Do you have an original print perhaps?... otherway, thanks a lot, i know what to search now... Thanks!... if i can finish this project, i will send you a copy!
                          I heard that the Studebaker facility was taken over by VW....In Pueblo I think....
                          Lou Van Anne
                          62 Champ
                          64 R2 GT Hawk
                          79 Avanti II

Comment

Wow! In Baja! Great... Do you have the date of this Pic?, and did you remember where in Baja was?... it will be nice go there and see if still exist (Baja have a dryer weather than California.... Perhaps still exist.... (Also there is no car crush!))
                            Probably mid 90s.....not sure if it was Norte or Sur....
                            Lou Van Anne
                            62 Champ
                            64 R2 GT Hawk
                            79 Avanti II

Comment

Name:	20200413_135347_DFStudebaker_000069 (2).jpg
Views:	172
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1829981 Late 40s Convertible in a very wealthy area of D. F., mid 90s.
                              Attached Files
                              Lou Van Anne
                              62 Champ
                              64 R2 GT Hawk
                              79 Avanti II

Comment

Working...
                              X