No Studie-driving for you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Studie-driving for you!

My Sky Hawk is located at our beach house about an hour from here, and I was going to get it started and drive for about twenty minutes and my family had a meltdown and told me on no uncertain terms not to go! I'm not going to interface with anyone or even get out of the car. Anything that could happen driving the Studie could also happen with my Prius. My son has offered to start and drive it so I guess I won't have to put it up on blocks and drain the fluids. By the time I get to drive it again I'll probably forget that reverse is down at the bottom and drive through the garage wall, and it'll be all their fault!
    peter lee

Pretty Funny! Maybe you should write up a " Studebaker Driving & Shifting" cheat sheet now, so when the virus is over you can take it with you to the beach house. Good Luck!
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Ha ! Good story plee4139, be sure and blame them, lol.... I still have a puzzled look on my face sometimes when I select "R", and it goes into neutral on our 55.

Comment

I learned to drive in a Stude with AD. To this day I often almost drive thru the garage wall because reverse is in the wrong place on Brand X cars.

Comment

4 years ago I had my engine rebuilt. The car was trailered up to the mechanic who pulled, rebuilt and reinstalled the engine, I had a professional company bring the car back down to me. I was so excited seeing it on the trailer as it drove up. The driver backed the car off the trailer and I made the final payment. I then headed back to the car, which was less than 10 feet from the end of the trailer. I got in the car and decided I needed to back up a little to clear the trailer. I shifted the Automatic all the way to the right and stepp3d on the gas. Bang! I ran right into the back of the trailer. I had forgotten that I had replaced the BW with a 700R. Man did I feel sick all the way home. New engine ran great even though I wasn’t.

Mark

Comment

I'm going to give my son written instructions emphasizing where reverse is. In the meantime I'll just be miserable and it's all your faults!
            peter lee

Comment

Just drive around your block for a half hour.
              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
                Just drive around your block for a half hour.
                Did you miss that the Hawk is an hour's drive from him?
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

[QUOTE=plee4139;n1828276] my family had a meltdown and told me on no uncertain terms not to go! /QUOTE]

What in the world is this country coming to? Has everyone lost their ability to reason. The virus is not going to jump into the car with you while you're driving down the street at 30 mph.
                  I heard of one lady in Penn. that was stopped and ticketed for driving around even knowing there's a shelter in place order issued by her local government.
                  I can't wait to see how the SCOUS rules on these infringements on our civil rights if a case should ever get that far.

Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post

Did you miss that the Hawk is an hour's drive from him?
                    Maybe....thanks for trying to cheer me up...not.
                    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Working...
                    X