Brooklin 1959 Lark is out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooklin 1959 Lark is out!

I was looking on eBay last night and I noticed that a couple of sellers have the new Brooklin 59 Lark 2dr sedans.
    $104 dollars plus shippig. They look nice but I don't think I can afford one right now.

[img][/img]

http://cgi.ebay.com/BROOKLIN-1959-ST...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/BROOKLIN-1959-LA...2em118Q2el1247

LOL...
    It looks as plain as a real Lark
    Jeff[8D]
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

they sure went a bit too heavy on the trim. It doesn't look like Brooklin quality.

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato
      "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
      1964 Daytona HT
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

That's is a bad model not much quality. The Yat-Ming is better looking model and there cheap. Give them time and they will have one. I just found a 1/18 scale 52 Nash Ambassador.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
        As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

It's so far out of proportion, it looks like a custom.

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

The Franklin Mint '57 Golden Hawks look exactly like the real car, I don't know what these people's problem is, it looks like a 1959 Cheap $1.98 Japanese attempt at a toy! Collector's item...Bah!

Oh, they did get one thing right, the COLOR! I don't think that would be enough to make anyone who has ever seen a '59 Lark buy one! [:0]

StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Sounds like many of the comparisons being made against this Lark involve models in larger scales...eg. most FM/DM stuff is 1:24, and the referenced Nash is 1:18. Brooklins, for anyone who may be thinking they're looking at a fairly large model Lark, are 1:43. Actually, having several 80s-vintage Brooklins in my collection, I think this Lark probably is up to those standards. The diecast industry, however, has moved on a long way in the intervening time; the level of detail in the old Brooklins is now being exceeded on HO scale (1:87) model-railway autos, and approached even in N (1:160)! Incidentally, exactly why is it that no one does Studes in the model-railway scales (excepting the HO Lark and Hawk from Spain in the 70s)?

Yat Ming produce a Lark?? Bring it on...in any scale you like! And a Deluxe 2dr post, like that replicated by Brooklin, is exactly the right variant. However Yat Ming's version ought properly to be a '62, in a nice medium blue shade...

S.

Comment

Saw that the other day, and being a Lark fanatic I thought hard about it. Ultimately I passed because it's such a poor interpretation[xx(] I'm used to it though- if you love Larks you'll probably NEVER get any respect. Heck, I can't even get Lark hats or clothing[B)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/n...px?news_id=725

Guess someone could pop into a live Chat with Hot Wheels Chief Designer Larry Wood on 12-10-08 and ask him if he'd make a Lark,
                  61 sedan for sure [:0]
                  I was looking for a way to get a custom Hot Wheels made. Thought I remember a program that Mattel had. I'll have to ask around work since we had a special promotion Hot Wheels made. I'm sure it's cost prohibitive for an individual, but you never know till you ask.

ChopStu
                  61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Lark hats/clothing...Hard indeed to come by, especially up here. I think our nearest source is the forum's own Bondobilly (in NY). I've got Lark apparel on my Christmas wish list; will have to see what happens!

I do know a silkscreener in nearby Dundas...and the Lark logo is out of copyright, isn't it. Hmmm...! (Already had that gent do me a couple shirts last year that read "Don't drive impaired...drive totally Stude", which I only wear at Studecentric events where I know the pun will be recognized...)

A Hot Wheels Lark would be neat. They've never done a Stude yet that wasn't some sort of caricature (though the forthcoming Avanti is not too far off the mark)...they've done plenty of 60s iron lately, a 1:64ish Super Lark would be way cool! A GT Hawk too, while we're at it...how about it, Mattel?

S.

Comment

Working...
                    X