Happy Birthday Packard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Packard!

On Thursday March 28th 1957 my Packard Clipper Country Sedan rolled out the factory door in South Bend.
    I’m putting the interior together and hopefully will get some paint on her this summer.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Well, you KNOW how it goes here... No Picture, it does not exist!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Wanted to get a picture. Weather not cooperating today. Seems like it’s now March showers bring April flowers.

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

Congrats to your Country sedan for surviving 63 years.

l'm a big fan of those. Anybody, including a dyed-in-the-wool- Packard enthusiast, who dismisses away a '57 Country Sedan has to be more than a bit "addled". It is one a fine collectible automobile which anyone should be proud to own! Next stop Pebble Beach when it's done, Bill?
        Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
        61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
        Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
        Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Originally posted by STEWDI View Post
          Congrats to your Country sedan for surviving 63 years.

l'm a big fan of those. Anybody, including a dyed-in-the-wool- Packard enthusiast, who dismisses away a '57 Country Sedan has to be more than a bit "addled". It is one fine collectible automobile which anyone should be proud to own! Next stop Pebble Beach when it's done, Bill?
          I'm not addled!! I love the 1957 Clippers, and prefer the Town Sedan. I think Studebaker-Packard did everything right on the 57 Packards (considering money & time constraints). The 58s are another story, but that is a discussion for another day/posting. My brother has a 57 Town Sedan, a pretty turquoise & white (in good shape).
          -Dwight

Comment

Thank you guys, soon it’ll look factory fresh again. It’s been a long haul!
            wasn't even looking for this car when it appeared out of the blue.
            i was looking for a 1957 Broadmoor and none were available at that time I was looking. I switched gears and started looking for a 1958 Edsel Bermuda, again blanked. Had a Edsel in family when I was younger.
            My sister spotted the 57 Packard down the road from her house. Storm had blown down a fence and the Packard revealed itself sitting amidst other vintage cars and trucks.

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

Working...
            X