South Bend meet in May canceled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Bend meet in May canceled

seen on Facebook yesterday. I’m surprised it hasn’t been posted on this forum. It should be so people know and can plan accordingly.

After much thought, and weighing all the options, the officers of the Michiana Chapter have decided to cancel the 2020 Michiana May Meet.

This decision is being made due to the ongoing COVID-19 problem. This decision was not made lightly. Considerations made included the current CDC limitations on groups of people at public events, the average age of our attendees and vendors, as well as the health of the Members of the Michiana Chapter, who give so much time to this event, and are responsible for its success.

We want to give notice to all attendees, vendors, and members of the cancellation of our event. Vendors will receive a letter from the Chapter with the option to either get a refund, or have their prepayment applied to the 2021 Meet here in South Bend.

Can you please pass the word to your Chapter if you are a member, or to any Studebaker person that was planning on attending our Meet this year.

The Michiana May Meet will be back in 2021, better than before. Please be safe in upcoming weeks, and let’s hope that the only thing that will be contagious in the not so distant future will be driving a Studebaker.

The Officers of the Michiana Chapter Studebaker Drivers Club
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Are you blind???!

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....-show-for-2020

It was posted RIGHT AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE almost 24 hours ago!!

Craig

Comment

It was here before Facebook actually. Not that it is a big deal. I was bummed it is canceled, but I understand given the current situation
      1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

This sucks! I missed last year because of my surgery. Now this is two years in a row!!
        sigpic
        Claude Chmielewski
        Studeski
        http://www.studeski.com
        Fillmore, Wisconsin
        47 M-16 Truck
        53 2R5
        60 Lark VIII Convertible
        60 5E7 Champ pickup
        62 GT Hawk 4 speed
        63 Lark
        63 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
        64 Commander Wagonaire
        64 Daytona Convertible
        50 Champion Regal (parts car)
        36 Dictator
        36 Dictator in pieces

Comment

Has the Michiana Chapter considered moving this year's meet to later in the year, perhaps October? Of course, we don't really know when the coronovirus crisis will be over.
          -Dwight

Comment

It is sad, and frustrating. One of my never miss events has been the spring Carlisle swap meet and auction. Last year I had to miss it because my son fell ill and went into the hospital the day before I was to leave. That man I was looking forward to an extra this year. They didn’t cancel but moved from the end of April to the end of May. I can’t say that I am overly confident that that that won’t be canceled as well.

One opinion I heard on the news today was that the state of emergency would last for four months. that will wipe out a lot of cherished activities for all of us. I guess all we can do is hope that it doesn’t last that long.
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
              It was here before Facebook actually. Not that it is a big deal. I was bummed it is canceled, but I understand given the current situation
              Oops, did not see it.
              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight FitzSimons View Post
                Has the Michiana Chapter considered moving this year's meet to later in the year, perhaps October? Of course, we don't really know when the coronovirus crisis will be over.
                -Dwight
                Hi Dwight. A good idea for October. I wish we could predict when this thing will subside. The biggest consideration, besides Notre Dame Football home weekends in October, assuming there is Football, is the availability of having vendors that will attend, and the availability of the Fairgrounds, as things are planned long in advance on non-home Football weekends. Sadly, it's better to just wait and do it right next year.

Comment

Working...
                X