Packard Hawk Directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packard Hawk Directory

This is Ginny hijacking Don's account. Wondering if anyone picked up the Packard Hawk Directory after the passing of Mike Williams (?). If not, I would like to start one up. Ours is Number 95.
    don

Mike was a friend and lived only 6 miles from me. As far as I know no one has volunteered to continue the roster so if you have the time and inclination I would say go for it. Click image for larger version

Name:	58 ackard hawk labeled.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	1826411
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I believe that the first Packard Hawk Roster was kept by Jerry Bowden. He is also deceased. For your sake, I hope this is not a trend.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        I hope this is not a trend.
        Unfortunately, I believe, it is one of life's few Certainties? Enjoy all you can, while you can!

Mark

sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

I took that on.

Mike Williams sent me a copy of what he had. It's all on paper. I need to lock myself behind closed doors one day and sit down and transcribe all of that stuff onto a computer file and then add those that have contacted me to provide their information since Williams sent it to me.

I'm guessing that a lot of it will be out-dated since he stopped maintaining it years before he sent it to me.

Given that circumstance, I'm kind of glad only 588 were ever made.
          Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
          Kenmore, Washington
          hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
          '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
          '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
          '69 Pontiac Firebird
          (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Mike, I had Packard Hawk 58LS1019 about 40 years ago. Is it in the registry (it was one of the very few with 3 speed manual and overdrive)? Thanks Howard
            Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
            '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
            '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
            '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post

Unfortunately, I believe, it is one of life's few Certainties? Enjoy all you can, while you can!

Mark
              I understand that it is a certainty of life. I was trying to point out, perhaps with a little levity, that each person that took on the Packard Hawk Roster died after doing that (at a young age) as if it is a death knell.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Anyone who would like to start a Forum Registry, like the '62 Lark Registry in the Groups channel, let me know. I'd like to do more of these.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post

I understand that it is a certainty of life. I was trying to point out, perhaps with a little levity, that each person that took on the Packard Hawk Roster died after doing that (at a young age) as if it is a death knell.
                  Well, I'm no spring chicken - I'm going to be 69 soon - but maybe that is "a young age" to a lot of folks here. LOL
                  Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                  Kenmore, Washington
                  hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                  '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                  '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                  '69 Pontiac Firebird
                  (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Working...
                  X