Mini TROG racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini TROG racer

It looks like this project may make it to completion. It has been a mind bender because of the lack of detail pictures. Right now most pieces are just hung together. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5289.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	1825928Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5286.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	1825929Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5284.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	1825930
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Whoa, Very cool !! Great work, 52-fan!
    -Matt

1963 GT Hawk
    1960 Metropolitan Convertible
    1972 AMC Javelin/ AMX
    1956 Cushman Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by Metman View Post
      Whoa, Very cool !! Great work, 52-fan!
      Thank you. I lost contact with the builder of the real car. He was going to send me more pictures, but I finally just went with what I had.
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Did you hand make all of the parts? That "Champion" engine looks great. I am envious of your modeling skills. Great job.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
          Did you hand make all of the parts? That "Champion" engine looks great. I am envious of your modeling skills. Great job.
          I started with the engine block and transmission from the AMT 40 Plymouth kit since it is about the same size. I built my own timing cover for the front and made a head with the Champion bolt pattern and plug locations from plastic strip.The intake and exhaust was made from plastic rod heated and bent around various items. Lots of trial and error. I have redone many of the parts, but I have learned many new techniques. The thermostat housing, steering box, water pump, and some linkages were carved out of pieces of plastic. One hard part is deciding how much detail is enough. On a car like this everything shows.
          Last edited by 52-fan; Yesterday, 06:28 PM.
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Wow! I really admire what you have accomplished in regards to this model.
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Got the side bars on and painted the chassis. I test fit things this morning and just need a couple of adjustments before making things permanent. So far, so good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5290.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	1827049Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5298.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	1827050
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                One hard part is deciding how much detail is enough. On a car like this everything shows.
                The maximum possible detail, is always superior! The trick, for me, was always, to relax, and put it down. Any time, you start to become too angry, or frustrated with it! Go away, and find another way to release it. Other than just smashing it to bits? Don't mess with it! At least, not until you can calmly come back? With a realistic approach. To accomplishing what ever, your goal was? This is also true, for So many other things, in life as well!

Mark

sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post

The maximum possible detail, is always superior! The trick, for me, was always, to relax, and put it down. Any time, you start to become too angry, or frustrated with it! Go away, and find another way to release it. Other than just smashing it to bits? Don't mess with it! At least, not until you can calmly come back? With a realistic approach. To accomplishing what ever, your goal was? This is also true, for So many other things, in life as well!

Mark
                  The one thing I really would like to add is the carburetor linkage and accelerator mechanism, but I have no idea how to do that. I tried doing the carb linkage, but making it to scale and sturdy enough to survive is hard. You can see the foot shaped pedal in the pictures. I also need to buy some photo etch buckles and make a harness for the seat.
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                  X