Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Studebaker promotion, courtesy of DRIVETRIBE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Studebaker promotion, courtesy of DRIVETRIBE!

At the Boca Raton Concours d'Elegance, which I have already given extensive coverage on here, I had met a fellow named Christopher Migliozzi (otherwise known as MIGZ). He is evidently an ambassador for a group named DRIVETRIBE, which as I have mentioned before was founded by the original Top Gear trio of Clarkson, May, and Hammond. This is the video in full.

Isn't is great just what being enthusiastic and grateful can bring?

Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Jake, you are definitely entertaining! I thoroughly enjoyed that but I have one question. Did the show host object to basically being sidelined for most of the video?
    Your presentation came across as informative and honest. You pointed out some of the warts along with the good stuff. It looked like you were having a good time. I hope you got that drink of water when you were done.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
      Jake, you are definitely entertaining! I thoroughly enjoyed that but I have one question. Did the show host object to basically being sidelined for most of the video?
      Your presentation came across as informative and honest. You pointed out some of the warts along with the good stuff. It looked like you were having a good time. I hope you got that drink of water when you were done.
      Why thank you kindly! To answer your question, the host did not feel slighted at all. He agreed that because I have such a bombastic, downright crazy personality, I should be the dominant voice.
      Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Jake,

It would be great to see you submit an article along with photos to Turning Wheels about all three Studebakers that were at Boca Raton this year. I'm sure Ann would appreciate it as this Forum is only viewed by a small percentage of SDC members.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
          Jake,

It would be great to see you submit an article along with photos to Turning Wheels about all three Studebakers that were at Boca Raton this year. I'm sure Ann would appreciate it as this Forum is only viewed by a small percentage of SDC members.

Craig
          Sure thing! If you can provide me with the necessary contact information, I'll get right on it. While I wasn't really focused on the other Studebakers as much during the actual Concours (for obvious reasons), I still think I have enough information to do something.

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post

Sure thing! If you can provide me with the necessary contact information, I'll get right on it. While I wasn't really focused on the other Studebakers as much during the actual Concours (for obvious reasons), I still think I have enough information to do something.
            Scroll to 'Other SDC Contacts' here: http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/officers.asp

Craig

Comment

Now THAT was informative AND entertaining! No blending into the crowd for Jake.
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Studebakercool indeed; I'm inpressed & you made a swede happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                  Studebakercool indeed; I'm inpressed & you made a swede happy!
                  Hey, if I can spread happiness, love, and positivity along with my enthusiasm I'm all in favor! Glad to see you were well-chuffed! Hopefully you can have yourself a proper great time out there in the Nordic lands!

I must state, however, that I know so little about Sweden or Scandinavia in general that the whole landmass might as well be labeled "HERE THEY BE DRAGONS" on the map for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
                    Now THAT was informative AND entertaining! No blending into the crowd for Jake.
                    Certainly not! "Blending in" is not a desirable trait in any scenario except for espionage and warfare. I still want to hold tightly onto my bombastic, downright crazy personality for as long as I can.

Comment

Jake, you are an enthusiastic and amazing spokesperson for the GT Hawk...and wearing a suit coat during the Concours is a huge plus. The information that you supplied about Studebaker was spot-on! One caveat: I wouldn't call what you did "slinking," more like taking over- well done!

Comment

Originally posted by AnAvanti4Bob View Post
                        Jake, you are an enthusiastic and amazing spokesperson for the GT Hawk...and wearing a suit coat during the Concours is a huge plus. The information that you supplied about Studebaker was spot-on! One caveat: I wouldn't call what you did "slinking," more like taking over- well done!
                        I have to admit, he packed in a lot of information in those 7 minutes, and in such a way one won't forget most of it!

Test on Monday, Jake!!?!!

Craig

Comment

Working...
                        X