Where are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are they?

I'm terrible for not keeping the serial numbers of cars I've owned. Now I wish I had so I could see where they are now.
    1962 GT Hawk, sold about 1980 or 1981 from Smyra Ga. #4 car, red over may other colors, but I think was originally black. Light hit on the left front. Does it still exist, or did it become a parts car?
    1962 Lark Daytona convertible, 289 4 speed. after several owners, it was finally restored by someone in the northwest, but I've lost touch. After restoration, it was it's original silver and black top.
    1960 Lark Regal HT. I restored the car except painted it in Jonquil Yellow. 259, 3/OD, PS. Last known to be "out west"

Does anyone know of any of these?
    Ron Dame
    '63 Champ

Sometimes if you scan all your Car Titles as I do, you would still have a Copy in the Hard Drive or Printed out and they have to show the Serial Number.

That or Old Registration Cards or Insurance Cards from your former Studes.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Ron-I owned the 60 hardtop before you did. Did not "restore" it, but did replace all 4 fenders, a door, grille, bumpers, brakes, etc and installed power steering, new carb, all instruments and wiring, rebuilt trans, radiator, and many other items. It left my care painted at least three different colors, but ran well and was completely functional. John Poulos had saved it from the crusher, and I think I paid him $300 for a non-running rust bucket. I enjoyed working on that car, as I couldn't make it any worse than it already was. I saw it after you painted it yellow and was impressed with how nice it looked.

I may still have the serial number written down somewhere, but am not at home right now to look it up.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks Skip, it was the amount of work you put into it that sold me on it. It was a fantastic driving car, no squeaks, rattles, looseness, and few leaks. And the body was great. You even fitted the sheet metal well, not just plop it on. All I did was paint it, chrome it, and put the interior in. In fact, it came with the upholstery fabric, including NOS for the door cards. THAT is the car I wish I had never sold.
        Ron Dame
        '63 Champ

Comment

It never in my life occurred to me to record the serial numbers or copy the titles of any of my personal cars. I wish I had. If I could find the 69 Camaro that I built at 16 and sold a few years later, I will hack the farm to buy it back. Same with the 70 charger I built right after that. Those are the two cars I still miss every day. Click image for larger version

Name:	F608E720-2DF7-4036-A977-25BC835A2C19.jpeg
Views:	408
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	1822388
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Does this look familiar Skip? Click image for larger version

Name:	Buttercup1.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1822392
            Ron Dame
            '63 Champ

Comment

Wow -- thanks Ron. I don't think I ever took any pictures of that car, even though I owned it for 4 or 5 years and drove it to work for at least a year. I painted some of the body panels myself (not very well) before installing them, but obviously didn't do the hood (which came from a 59 I parted out) or the door.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Dame View Post
                Thanks Skip, it was the amount of work you put into it that sold me on it. It was a fantastic driving car, no squeaks, rattles, looseness, and few leaks. And the body was great. You even fitted the sheet metal well, not just plop it on. All I did was paint it, chrome it, and put the interior in. In fact, it came with the upholstery fabric, including NOS for the door cards. THAT is the car I wish I had never sold.
                Yeah, I regret selling that car, too -- shoulda kept it and NOT bought a couple of others. It taught me how quick a 259/2-bbl with stick/OD could be. When I bought that car, it had a newly-upholstered front seat and no back seat at all. Who does that? I think Dennis Lambert found the seat material and door panels for me. I had a 59 J hardtop rear seat from the car that donated the blue hood, but I guess I never got it re-covered.

The OD trans had been trashed, but I found a guy in the DC area who (only) rebuilt standard transmissions, and he had all the parts for the trans in stock. Not sure such people are around any more. Glad you painted it yellow -- much more attractive than the white I was gonna use.
                Skip Lackie

Comment

I don't recall where I got the back seat, maybe Lee had one. But like you said, the front was done, and there was a bolt of vinyl for the back. I didn't want to go with that white either, and didn't think the green would work well with the brown, nor blue, nor red. It was a year too early for Autumn Haze, but I didn't like that color much anyway. Yellow just seemed right. Ray Fichthorn had the recipe for Jonquil, and there ya go. Done.
                  I too, was surprised how quick that little car was, and it got great gas mileage. It was just a fun car to drive.
                  Ron Dame
                  '63 Champ

Comment

Ron-
                    The serial number of 60 Lark hardtop was 60V-13464. I still have the registrations and license plates. Based on those -- I obviously owned it a lot longer than I thought -- 1990 through 2003. (I work very slowly.)
                    Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks Skip!
                      Ron Dame
                      '63 Champ

Comment

Working...
                      X