All my messages are gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All my messages are gone

I noticed yesterday that all of my messages are gone, including several that I have saved for years for reference. Are they really all gone, or are they just not currently showing up for some reason?
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Just looking from my phone, the saved messages (PMs) in my various folders don't seem to be there except for one PM in each. I'll have to look from the laptop when I get home today and see for sure.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

My message folder is still showing five pages going back almost ten years.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
        Just looking from my phone, the saved messages (PMs) in my various folders don't seem to be there except for one PM in each. I'll have to look from the laptop when I get home today and see for sure.
        Checked from my laptop, and same as from my phone. Two folders, one being my Skytop folder, only have one message each. There were a lot more before.

Interesting thing is that my 'sent' folder has five pages, and usually I have kept that trimmed down.

Sigh...............
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I just sent a message to the webmaster- but in the future if you experience difficulty with the site, please click on the "contact us" button at the bottom of the site and fill out the form. You will get direct access to those who can look into any issues that come up.

Comment

Yes, I could do that. The point was to see if anyone else was experiencing the same issue, or if anyone else knew the answer. That way it would be answered publicly without The webmaster having to answer several people’s inquiries.
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
              The point was to see if anyone else was experiencing the same issue, or if anyone else knew the answer. That way it would be answered publicly without The webmaster having to answer several people’s inquiries.
              A valid point. Especially considering you don't seem to be the only one experiencing it.
              But should probably be in the Forum Issues group rather than General Studebaker Discussion.

"All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I have found still another Annoying Feature, when you click the "Messages" at the Top by the Bell, all you get is a Blank Page that if you read the fine print on each Mailbox, they all say: "There are no new notifications".

So then you have to click again to the Left Side List of "Boxes" and click the "Inbox" to find your already read Messages.
                I wonder if that is what some of you missed?

YES, all my messages ARE there once I find them, until I delete them.
                Last edited by StudeRich; 02-13-2020, 06:35 PM.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Bob Andrews - sent you a PM.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                  X