The results of the Boca Raton Concours d'Elegance: part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jake,

Congratulations! The door to the huge world of automotive history has magically been opened in front of you. We who have watched as your enthusiasm for your car, and your willingness to share with those of us in the establishment, recognized that you had the right stuff to help shoulder the mantle for the hobby. The world of old cars has been searching for leaders who can bridge the gap between the old and the new. The willingness that you have shown to leave your comfort zone and expand perspective, makes it clear that you are up to the challenge. I wish you good luck, but it hasn't been luck that has gotten you this far, and I doubt that it is going to be luck that carries you forward. The world is watching!

Bill

Comment

I'm impressed! & so on!
      The way it's all going I reckon all(!) gods everywhere must have had an eye on you for the sake of Studebaker... Like this with all the people being so supportly more young guys might find their way to Studebaker & in the end also maby not so much parts won't end up as scrap shipped to china.
      Last edited by Noxnabaker; 02-13-2020, 12:26 PM.
      sigpic

Josephine
      Champion V8
      4d sedan

Comment

Beautiful car, I always thought the GT Hawks were some of the most stylish cars of their time. You are a good ambassador for the Studebaker marque and young enough to follow through for years. I wished I could have gotten away from my car to come over and meet you. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Peddler View Post
          Beautiful car, I always thought the GT Hawks were some of the most stylish cars of their time. You are a good ambassador for the Studebaker marque and young enough to follow through for years. I wished I could have gotten away from my car to come over and meet you. Congratulations!
          Yes, even though I did not get to see you in person, I did get to have a thorough look around your impeccable grey Avanti. I wanted to sit inside, so that I could compare the interior with that of my GT Hawk just to feel what the differences are, but I know that I couldn't because you were not around. Still had fun though!
          Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Congratulations, Jake, on your participation in life's fun aspects! I love that Daisy Mae had another Studebaker for company. You are a credit to Studebaker-dom!

Comment

Thanks for sharing this experience with the rest of us. I have been to three of these events but only as a spectator, not a participant. Your experience sound fantastic. As other have said you are a wonderful representative of the Studebaker marque. Thanks for taking on that task and for doing it so well. My hat is off to you.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

My cousin was one of the judges who took on the Avantis!...........not too bad for a Cadillac salesman;-)

Comment

Working...
                X