STUDEBAKER SLOT CARS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STUDEBAKER SLOT CARS

Was someone looking for Studebaker slot cars? Amazon.com Has 2 Studebakers slot cars.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

quote:Originally posted by ST2DE5

Was someone looking for Studebaker slot cars? Amazon.com Has 2 Studebakers slot cars.
    Boy, did THAT header get my attention! Back in the late '60's I had a 3 lane wooden, hand routed slot track that literally took up half the largish basement of my parents' home. One of the earlier cars I had was a 1/32 scale Avanti which I painted up in a color close to Avanti turquoise. I don't remember the brand now. My later cars were all hand built brass chassis.

Paul

In memory of Boris, the 1950 Land Cruiser project,
    . . . he became a down payment for. . .
    Natasha, the 1955 Speedster project
    I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
    1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

Gee, does anyone remember Ideal Toy Motorific toy slot car sets? I cannot recall if Ideal ever made a Studebaker but I do remember that it was a fun toy. Everything used the same chassis but the bodies all interchanged which made for some odd proportions like a Dusenberg phaeton and Corvette Stingray being the same size.

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
      The Replacements.
      \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
      The Replacements.

Comment

I still have my Aurora Model Motoring HO scale slot car set. The same with my Tyco HO electric train. For some reason I've never wanted to let them go even though they haven't been used in decades. I've hauled them with me wherever I've lived.

I do have several Avanti's for the Model Motoring, though they weren't Aurora made. I believe Atlas made a poor version of it that's compatible plus some newer versions in the same scale.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.
        Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

The old Avanti slot cars were from Atlas. I have two differant varieties, one with a brace molded in the back of the door, one without the brace. I believe the brace was removed to accommodate the new chassis design Atlas came out with but others disagree with me about the reason for the change in the body. They came in several colors.
          I also believe that an HO scale Avanti I watched sell on ebay for an ungodly amount was made by Marx. (Should I capitalize "ungodly' somehow?)
          Auto World is currently making HO scale Avantis and Hawks often offered on ebay. Auto Would may also have '53 Coupes also but I have not seen them.

Comment

Working...
          X