Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some R emblems from my collection

Comment

Did you make the Black '64 R1 Fender Badge?
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by migral23 View Post
        Just for the heck of it, I'm posting this photo of the emblem on the grille of my 1961 Lark VIII convertible. The car was built/created by a guy in Fredericksburg VA whose hobby was building unique orphan cars. He commissioned Mike Meyer to build an R4 motor for this creation, and as close as it can be, that's what's still in the car.
        Nothing wrong with modifying an Ordinary, Common '61 Lark.
        StudeRich

Comment

R Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010472.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	1851648 Bowdon converted his 1964 R1 Daytona into a R-4 and sold it. I stopped by in 2018 and he was converting his 62 Daytona R2 into a R3 because he enjoyed working with his hands. He grewup on a Farm and his Father had Studebakers. He has had the 62 since 1963.
          I wonder who has his 64?

Comment

Originally posted by Padrechris View Post
            Here are some R emblems from my collection
            I have never seen fender emblems like these before. They are both like the 1964 Lark-type and Hawk fender emblems, but the colors are wrong (or my knowledge is deficient). AFAIK, the correct 1964 R1 & R2 oval emblems have a white background with red & blue in the circle. The correct 1964 R3 & R4 emblems also have a white background, but with black & silver in the circle. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
            --Dwight

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight FitzSimons View Post

I have never seen fender emblems like these before. They are both like the 1964 Lark-type and Hawk fender emblems, but the colors are wrong (or my knowledge is deficient). AFAIK, the correct 1964 R1 & R2 oval emblems have a white background with red & blue in the circle. The correct 1964 R3 & R4 emblems also have a white background, but with black & silver in the circle. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
              --Dwight
              That Black and Gray center R2 badge looks familiar, I think Jon Meyer (or someone) MIGHT have had one from Paxton Products, and possibly claimed it was intended for '64 Avantis but never happened, so unless those 2 are modified, they COULD both be Prototypes that never were sold.
              StudeRich

Comment

Still would like to buy the 1964 R3 and R4.
                Attached Files

Comment

I don't get it Rex, how is it that BOTH you and Padrechris have the Same style Black '64 Fender nameplates that for all practical purposes "DO NOT EXIST"?
                  StudeRich

Comment

I got most from an older gentleman years ago that got me into Studebaker cars. He told me it was a prototype emblem. He gave me all his emblems before he died.
                    Last edited by Padrechris; 08-30-2020, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Thats the way it is
                      Last edited by Padrechris; 09-23-2020, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Studerex, Check your PM Bob

Comment

A studebaker engineer named Bokon died and I got 4 different ones at his auction. Prototypes. They came in sets and I kept one each for my collection and sold the others on ebay.

Comment

IIRC, Bokon was the name of the family that was the focus of one of those 1950s feel-good Stude employee family documentaries?
                            Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                            X