Studebaker Drivers Club Web Site Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Drivers Club Web Site Maintenance

The Studebaker Drivers Club web site will be down for maintenance this Saturday, January 18, 2020 approximately from 8:00 AM - 12:00 NOON (Central time). This includes on-line membership applications and renewals. This maintenance DOES NOT affect the SDC Forum.

- Mark Wheeler, SDC Membership Secretary & Webmaster
    - Mark Wheeler
    SDC Membership Secretary and SDC Webmaster

As a decidely not IT guy, I've always wondered what maintenance on a website is. Virtual oil change? Rotate the hyperlinks? adjust the spacing lash?
    Ron Dame
    '63 Champ

Comment

Ron Dame , all of those things, plus sweeping up the piles of unused neckties and vacuuming the Chee-tos dust out of the keyboards

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Don't forget to check the spam filter while your under it.
        Ron Dame
        '63 Champ

Comment

Nothing wrong with spam. Just got back from O'ahu. You can buy a spam "burger" at McDonalds!
          78 Avanti RQB 2792
          64 Avanti R1 R5408
          63 Avanti R1 R4551
          63 Avanti R1 R2281
          62 GT Hawk V15949
          56 GH 6032504
          56 GH 6032588
          55 Speedster 7160047
          55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

Originally posted by 64studeavanti View Post
            Nothing wrong with spam. Just got back from O'ahu. You can buy a spam "burger" at McDonalds!
            Ah SPAM®; the official steak of Hawaii.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

All. I am new to the forum. But have been a SDC member for 30 yrs now. I am trying to post a question and save my life, I cannot find a post a discussion or new thread button anywhere. I went to the help and followed the directions but again, I cannot find where to post a new help thread. Any one have a hot speed tip so I can get some help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Comment

At the top of the page, there is a button for new topic. I believe you must be logged in to do that.
                78 Avanti RQB 2792
                64 Avanti R1 R5408
                63 Avanti R1 R4551
                63 Avanti R1 R2281
                62 GT Hawk V15949
                56 GH 6032504
                56 GH 6032588
                55 Speedster 7160047
                55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

Thanks. I found it but not in Windows Explorer. I had to switch to Chrome. I should have done that before I asked. But all set and many thanks. !

Comment

Originally posted by Al Kurz View Post
                    Thanks. I found it but not in Windows Explorer. I had to switch to Chrome. I should have done that before I asked. But all set and many thanks. !
                    I've had the same problem -- don't really understand why.
                    Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Dame View Post
                      As a decidely not IT guy, I've always wondered what maintenance on a website is. Virtual oil change? Rotate the hyperlinks? adjust the spacing lash?
                      In this case, "maintenance" meant moving the Studebaker Drivers Club web site to a new hosting service. The move was completed at 9:35 am CST today. Although the web site is up and running, not everyone will be able to see it yet. DNS records (which translate "www.studebakerdriversclub.com" to an IP address) will take up to 24 hours to propagate around the world. Most members here in the U.S. should be able to get to the new site within a few hours.

- Mark Wheeler, SDC Membership Secretary & Webmaster
                      - Mark Wheeler
                      SDC Membership Secretary and SDC Webmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post

I've had the same problem -- don't really understand why.
                        Skip Lackie , it's because Microsoft's web browsers are pieces of junk. Chrome and Firefox are fully HTML5 compliant; Edge and Internet Explorer are not. So some things just don't work right with them (not just on our site, but on many sites).

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Skip, I have both an HP system (Desktop) and a MAC Book Pro. On both I use only Firfox or Chrome as they are the most reliable browsers. neither cause me any issues.
                          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I also prefer Chrome, but I cannot get ebay to run on it. It always responds that the site doesn't exist. The same link works fine on IE. Have neither the skill nor the inclination to figure out what the problem is.
                            Skip Lackie

Comment

That's interesting as I use Firefox most of the time and Chrome as a secondary source when i need another browser. I have used IE but not very often. I have no clue why Chrome does not allow ebay to run on your computer. I just opened Ebay with Chrome on my PC and had no problem. IYou may need to reload Chrome Skip or at least that's what I'd try first.
                              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                              X