• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonnie2 View Post

Hi I think you are the right person to ask that
    I've been having an issue with App since I updated App
    Every time I open the app, the app starts crashing and glitching
    I did a lot of searching on the net to get it fix but I didn't find anything. Can you help me?
    Me???? The right person to ask???? Thanks for the flattery but I'm must say, after taking a second look at my original post I'm almost embarrassed to say I think I seemed a bit arrogant in my "humble opinion" back when I first posted that. Yes, I still use my WAZE app, but since the Covid pandemic, I haven't driven my vehicles enough to need an oil change. Also, my GPS usage has mainly been when driving locally to check out some items I found on Craigslist.

I noticed your home is in Homer Alaska. That could be another problem. Being that I am a resident of one of the original 13 colonies, the vastness of Alaska is a concept difficult for us, Southeastern mountain hillbillies, to comprehend. Try as they may, I'm not sure the providers of wireless communication services for phones, GPS, etc., are capable or fully committed to the remote and less populated areas of the world. So, with those points to consider, I think someone more tech-savvy and familiar with your part of the country could offer better insight than I ever could. I suspect that if you purchased the latest and greatest version of technical equipment... if the Satellites are not properly positioned to target your region specifically, you could still have sketchy service.

OH, and welcome to the forum! Tell us about your Studebaker and post some pictures!
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post

Me???? The right person to ask???? Thanks for the flattery but I'm must say, after taking a second look at my original post I'm almost embarrassed to say I think I seemed a bit arrogant in my "humble opinion" back when I first posted that. Yes, I still use my WAZE app, but since the Covid pandemic, I haven't driven my vehicles enough to need an oil change. Also, my GPS usage has mainly been when driving locally to check out some items I found on Craigslist.
      Looks like I wrote something wrong

But thank you very much for your answer.

Comment

As for GPS speedos: I've an analog one in my GT for a few years, it works great. I also have a digital trans driven speedo in it that agrees with it also working great and EASY to read. I also have a digital, GPS speedo , about 30% smaller than my I phone 6, in a few other vehicles, they work great and are very easy to read too. Even better, they were $20 on ebay.
        I love the GPS, and digital. It's very easy to read at a glance with old eyes.
        This is one I have on one of my bikes:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1682.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1893041

Comment

Working...
        X