Surprise Studebaker promotion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprise Studebaker promotion!

Well, fellow forum member 8E45E brought this lovely surprise to my attention. Evidently, I had spread word of Daisy-Mae to Classic & Sports Car, which is evidently the largest classic enthusiast publication in the UK. This has now appeared on page no. 185 in the December 2019 issue and I am all the more grateful for it. I never thought it would see the light of day to be honest.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Classic & Sports Car Stude.jpg Views:	0 Size:	194.1 KB ID:	1816458

Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Very nice article, Jake.
    Classic and Sportscar a great magazine with wide distribution among collectors/drivers/racers. Be proud.

Andy
    62 GT

Comment

Kudos, again.
      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
      50 Champion 2 door*
      53 Commander K Auto*
      53 Commander K overdrive*
      55 President Speedster
      62 GT 4Speed*
      63 Avanti R1*
      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Mighty nice!
        I've sometimes bought that mag while being on that island. Fun how they made it right-hand drive with the small picture just above the text.
        Gotta tell my GB pals...

sigpic

Josephine
        Champion V8
        4d sedan

Comment

For the Brits, I'm sure the Austin Healey reference in the first paragraph didn't hurt!
          Bob's your uncle, Jake!
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Jake, I don't know how you do it. I am impressed by your energy and resourcefulness. By the time you're an old man there will be a huge body of work and Studebaker will be the best known classic vehicles on the planet. Way to go my friend. And congratulations once again.
            Last edited by Commander Eddie; 01-10-2020, 09:02 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling error.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Ditto Commander Eddie!
              Cheers Jake!
              Bill

Comment

Obviously, he chose the right career path, especially when it involves Studebakers and SDC: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....aker-promotion Mark 1:22

Craig

Comment

Congrats, Jake! Awesome (is that word still "allowed")!
                  Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                  61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                  Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                  Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Very Cool!

Comment

Working...
                    X