Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daisy-Mae after a night out

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Daisy-Mae after a night out

    Lovely, isn't she? On a night like tonight, with the wind curling softly around me, Daisy-Mae makes quite an impression. Her sparklingly emerald green dress merely serves as icing on the proverbial cake.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Night Hawk front.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	1816194Click image for larger version

Name:	Night Hawk rear.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	1816195
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

    1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

  • #2
    At least where you are, there's GREEN GRASS

    Craig

    Comment


    • #3
      Seeing that color sure makes one wonder why it wasn't an original color... & as for green grass, living in the south of Sweden we also have it, took Josephine out for a turn the other day:
      Attached Files
      sigpic

      Josephine
      -55
      Champion V8
      4d sedan

      Comment


      • #4
        Jake,
        I always enjoy seeing photos of your car. It is a looker, for sure. Keep her in good shape for Boca.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

        Sol Lucet Omnibus

        Comment


        • #5
          Very impressive Jake. I'm in the sun (Arizona) but if I were at home (British Columbia) I would be shoveling snow today. You are fortunate to live where you do.
          Cheers, Bill

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
            Jake,
            I always enjoy seeing photos of your car. It is a looker, for sure. Keep her in good shape for Boca.
            Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
            Very impressive Jake. I'm in the sun (Arizona) but if I were at home (British Columbia) I would be shoveling snow today. You are fortunate to live where you do.
            Cheers, Bill
            Of course I recognize that I am very lucky to live where I am. Florida provides a beautiful, temperate climate (most of the time) for the great multitude of vintage iron that resides here. Everything from Ford and Chevrolet to Zundapp and Innocenti is welcome here. I do promise that I will take care of Daisy-Mae very well.

            After all, the stories she provides are great. Not too long ago, an impossibly old man came up to me in tears while I was filling up at the local gas station. Evidently, his father owned a GT Hawk himself and there were plenty of fond memories for him. He could recite technical data chapter and verse and had evidently never clapped eyes on another GT Hawk since his father died in his in 1972.

            Instances like these really make up the "meat and potatoes" of classic car ownership, don't they?
            Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

            1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

            Comment


            • #7
              The stories make owning a classic car all the more fun, interesting and memorable.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

              Sol Lucet Omnibus

              Comment


              • #8
                Jake,
                Who takes care of the car while you're "away" at college? I was the care taker of my son's Infiniti, chipped, cold-air intake, lowered, etc, while he was away for 4 years, so I'm wondering who gets to take the car out for exercise?
                "Every man I meet on the street is superior to me in some respect, and from that I can learn."
                R.W. Emerson

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dleroux View Post
                  Jake,
                  Who takes care of the car while you're "away" at college? I was the care taker of my son's Infiniti, chipped, cold-air intake, lowered, etc, while he was away for 4 years, so I'm wondering who gets to take the car out for exercise?
                  My Dad does. He loves driving her so it presents no problem what so ever.
                  Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

                  1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post




                    " Not too long ago, an impossibly old man came up to me in tears while I was filling up at the local gas station."
                    Gee, I hope he was able to at least drive since he was at a gas station. Did you follow him home to make sure he got there safely?

                    Bob Miles

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post

                      Gee, I hope he was able to at least drive since he was at a gas station. Did you follow him home to make sure he got there safely?

                      Bob Miles
                      The old man looked to have at least 80 years on this mudball. However, it seemed as though he could see and hear well enough to drive safely.
                      Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

                      1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        That old man... if his dad was driving a G.T. Hawk in the early/mid 60's(?) I can't help wondering what car he himself might have been driving at the time or if he didn't drive at all I wonder why... Just trying to figure out years & ages... Bah, I might as well let it be!

                        (For example if you search the forum for a "Nox" you'll see a 2 year old boy by a -55 Commander Starlight in 1962 in the avatar picture.)

                        sigpic

                        Josephine
                        -55
                        Champion V8
                        4d sedan

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                          That old man... if his dad was driving a G.T. Hawk in the early/mid 60's(?) I can't help wondering what car he himself might have been driving at the time or if he didn't drive at all I wonder why... Just trying to figure out years & ages... Bah, I might as well let it be!
                          My dad would be 85 if he was still this side of that green grass in Jake's photos. In 1962, he was driving a brand new Ford Falcon station wagon as a company car; probably the most boring car on four wheels. It was Viking Blue metallic outside, and whatever wasn't Viking Blue metallic on the inside was stark white. My grandfathers' cars in 1962; one drove a black 1959 Buick LeSabre, and the other, a turquoise 1960 Meteor Rideau.

                          Craig

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yeah, & my dad would've had his 100's year birthday last summer if he was still alive, but what got me curious about that really old man was that I got the feeling as if he was like me just a todler at the time or at least under age for even owning a car... (If there's such a thing as being to young to legaly own a car..?)
                            Anyway sorry, not much use bothering about it.
                            sigpic

                            Josephine
                            -55
                            Champion V8
                            4d sedan

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X