Australia Stude's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia Stude's

I am wondering how our southern Stude owners have been doing given all of the devastating fires that have griped the nation. Hopefully, all owner and cars have survived.

T-Cab

Hi T-cab
    I am sure some classic cars would have been lost. I have not heard of any Studes.
    The majority of fires in Victoria are in forested areas and the towns that abut these forests.
    It's all pretty sad but thankfully only a few deaths.
    In 2009 178 people were killed in a bush fire.
    These fires are extensive but not unprecedented. We live on one of the driest continents on the planet and face these risks every summer.
    I am not trying to make light of this, it's very distressing, but there is too much political rhetoric about this.
    We will recover from this as we always have in the past.

For those who may be interested:
    http://www.bushfireeducation.vic.edu...ur_History.pdf

We thank the Americans who have come here to help fight the fires.

Regards
    Allan
    Allan Tyler Melbourne Australia

Comment

Allan, thanks for the update. My family and friends are praying for our Studebaker friends and others in wake of these fires. It is distressing to know that it appears many of these fires are now considered to be arson related with the arrests of approximately 24 individuals in the past 24 hours or so. If this is the case, I hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and held responsible for the resulting deaths as well.
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Allan,
        Ditto Don's post #3. For the record we (Canada) also sent some firefighters to assist. I hope it all works out as well as possible under the circumstances.
        Best of luck.
        Bill

Comment

Seasoned wilderness firefighters from Oregon are there as well.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Thanks for the updates, Allan.

'So sorry to hear of the losses regardless of time or place or property.

All the best from the 'States, with hope that any convicted arsonists get a permanent knot tied in their tail. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Just to give some perspective to the size of the area burned by the fires this season in Australia - an Australian website said it was roughly the size of the state of Virginia.

Comment

The fires have effected every state, & we certainly aren't out of trouble yet, the monsoon rains up north have really only just started & we are hoping for some spin off rain further south, everything is so dry, I'm very lucky I live in an area that is getting a bit of rain from time to time, but Oct. last year we had devastating fires all around the area, & they could flare up at any time, A bit further south from me, a car enthusiast put all his cars in the middle of a large paddock as the fire approached, he was forced to leave his property,
                he had mainly Fords & Mercury's (50's models) all looked in restored condition , he was lucky to find them all intact when he returned, but when it comes down to it, best to leave,
                keep your family safe, we love our cars , but they are replaceable!

regards, Cus
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes
                  These fires are the biggest here for years. Some of the country here in the hills around Kempsey have not been burnt for around 100 years ( remote hills and valleys) and a lot of fuel has not been back burnt for around 15 years . That is a lot of fuel !!
                  Some of our smoke has reached New Zealand
                  It seems our east coast , Victoria , New south Wales and the Queensland fires have dwarfed the recent Amazon Fires
                  I am part of a car club and we were all in constant contact to see if members needed help moving their vehicles to safety (and then back after it has passed)
                  As Cus mentioned we are still on watch and are at the mercy of the weather
                  Our thoughts are with the victims and volunteers that deserve a big rest THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  All the best Lindsay

Comment

Working...
                  X