Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beautiful 289 in Model A coupe...photos anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful 289 in Model A coupe...photos anyone?

One of my passtimes when I'm at Walmart with Mrs. Junior is to do a CASO flip through of the car mags while she shops. Today I was flipping through a Canadian rag (Canadian Hot Rods) and there was a really nice late Model A coupe, but what really caught my eye was the jewel-like detailed Stude V-8...supercharged, twin carbs (the funky ones with the 'side draft' style airhorns, cast Stude valve covers and some kind of fancy Studebaker exhaust manifold covers. The engine was stunning and if it has not been shared on the forum it needs to be...so does anyone have photos of this car's engine? As stated it's living in a late Model A coupe that is kind of a light blue/silver color and I'm pretty sure it had British Columbia plates on it. Cheers, Junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Not the one you are looking for but these two spotted at the 2009 GNRS
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I know Dean Moon had a Model A coupe with a Studebaker V8.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

The blue one is Tom Branch’s wife’s car. I have many pictures of it at Bonneville. It was in a TV commercial a few years ago.

Comment

Here: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....olut-greyhound

Comment

Tom & Diana Branch have a his and hers set of 32 Fords each running hot Stude V8 with period speed goodies and jewelry. I saw both cars at Bonneville and they are more spectacular in person. His is the roadster and gets the blue Tudor.
            Attached Files
            Evan Davis
            Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

THAT is COOL!!
              Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
              61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
              Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
              Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Indeed! I like the 53 wheelcovers on the duece.
                Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Working...
                X