This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omaha Scoring Review Update

I received a letter from Carl Thoms informing me that after review of all scoring sheets in all divisions, there were some anomaly found and as a result in Division 8, in which my Lark was judged, there are now 2-tied for Best of Division Richard Dormas and Lew Skelton, 16-1st Place, 24-2nd Place, and 2-3rd Place winners and my 60 Lark is one of the 1st Place winners and a new 1st Place trophy is on it's way. This is from NO Best of Division and NO 1st Place winners at the awards banquet. Maybe not the best way to get a 1st place, but I'll gladly take it It is obvious that the Carl and the SDC Meet Judging Committee are working to make things right. He didn't mention anything about the other Divisions, only the Division in which I was entered.

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    51 Champion
    Phil
    Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    56 Power Hawk
    Phil Hendrickson
    Arnold, Missouri

How can they change this so long after the fact? How did they decide whos to change or was it just people who complained?
    I was one of those 2nd place winners in division 8 . I thought at the time they were pretty hard on my truck but then they were with us all .

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

How can they change this so long after the fact? How did they decide whos to change or was it just people who complained?
      I was one of those 2nd place winners in division 8 . I thought at the time they were pretty hard on my truck but then they were with us all .

sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

You both absolutely deserved a first,nice 'Studes!!!

LaSalle,Il
        61Hawk
        60Lark
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

You both absolutely deserved a first,nice 'Studes!!!

LaSalle,Il
          61Hawk
          60Lark
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

From what I can see most of the points that were credited back to my score were originality deductions, which don't apply to Divisions 8 and 9 , I do know that they have been in the review process since very shortly after the meet and would have been even sooner if Carl had not had some personal issues that needed to be attended to.

Studebaker Fever
            60 Lark
            51 Champion
            Phil
            Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
            60 Lark
            56 Power Hawk
            Phil Hendrickson
            Arnold, Missouri

Comment

From what I can see most of the points that were credited back to my score were originality deductions, which don't apply to Divisions 8 and 9 , I do know that they have been in the review process since very shortly after the meet and would have been even sooner if Carl had not had some personal issues that needed to be attended to.

Studebaker Fever
              60 Lark
              51 Champion
              Phil
              Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
              60 Lark
              56 Power Hawk
              Phil Hendrickson
              Arnold, Missouri

Comment

I dont want to stir up the hornets nest since there isnt any Hudson's around I feel alittle safer.[)] I was wondering how they classified the car/trucks into each divison. I know my little Lark isnt going to be original when I get done and I might want someone to look at it just for grins.

Randy_G
                1959 Lark (project)
                www.automotivehistoryonline.com

Comment

I dont want to stir up the hornets nest since there isnt any Hudson's around I feel alittle safer.[)] I was wondering how they classified the car/trucks into each divison. I know my little Lark isnt going to be original when I get done and I might want someone to look at it just for grins.

Randy_G
                  1959 Lark (project)
                  www.automotivehistoryonline.com

Comment

Cars and trucks are classified according to whether they are as originally produced, original or restored, or modified. If the vehicle is modified it is further classified either into Division 8 if it is Studebaker powered or Division 9 if it is powered by something other then an engine produced by Studebaker.
                    Frank van Doorn
                    Omaha, Ne.
                    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Cars and trucks are classified according to whether they are as originally produced, original or restored, or modified. If the vehicle is modified it is further classified either into Division 8 if it is Studebaker powered or Division 9 if it is powered by something other then an engine produced by Studebaker.
                      Frank van Doorn
                      Omaha, Ne.
                      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I got a letter, also, and my silver 4 speed 64 Daytona Conv went from 349 points to 379 points and a first. I'm not proud and will take the first place trophy. Did this affect other divisions as well?

Comment

I got a letter, also, and my silver 4 speed 64 Daytona Conv went from 349 points to 379 points and a first. I'm not proud and will take the first place trophy. Did this affect other divisions as well?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 2R5

Will try to provide a partial response. The chief judge is responsible for managing the overall judging process, and normally reviews scoring sheets to ensure consistency with both the guidelines and with the scores of other cars. For a number of reasons (as has been discussed in another thread on this Forum), judging of some classes at Omaha wasn't completed until very late in the day, and there was no time to make corrections prior to the banquet. Carl Thoms has now completed his review of the scoring sheets, and revised scores and trophies will be in the mail. Carl was aware that there were complaints about judging at Omaha, and committed to reviewing all the scoring sheets. He had a death in the family right after the meet, and it has taken this long to do the job right.

Skip Lackie
                            Skip Lackie

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 2R5

Will try to provide a partial response. The chief judge is responsible for managing the overall judging process, and normally reviews scoring sheets to ensure consistency with both the guidelines and with the scores of other cars. For a number of reasons (as has been discussed in another thread on this Forum), judging of some classes at Omaha wasn't completed until very late in the day, and there was no time to make corrections prior to the banquet. Carl Thoms has now completed his review of the scoring sheets, and revised scores and trophies will be in the mail. Carl was aware that there were complaints about judging at Omaha, and committed to reviewing all the scoring sheets. He had a death in the family right after the meet, and it has taken this long to do the job right.

Skip Lackie
                              Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                              X